Youth...

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to the future of this team....we are pretty young except for a couple of positions....I see T.O. staying another year if not more, even though he's in his mid 30's.

Look at the ages here....

http://www.nfl.com/teams/roster?team=DAL

It helps that we have some pretty good CB's that are rookies and that they are starting and playing VERY well.

****The futures so bright, I gotta wear shades****

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
The cornerstones of this team will be around for a long time.

sbark

Reaction score
I'd like to see Jerry get into the cycle of developing a young QB....draft em ---coach em' up.......heck have 2.......and trade em

but dont put us into 'jepordy" again with an injury to the QB position......its a very tradeable position on the roster,

sometimes the biggest risk is not taking one.........

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
sbark;2494575 said:
I'd like to see Jerry get into the cycle of developing a young QB....draft em ---coach em' up.......heck have 2.......and trade em

but dont put us into 'jepordy" again with an injury to the QB position......its a very tradeable position on the roster,

sometimes the biggest risk is not taking one.........

I agree with you...heck, I wanted Warner here to back up Romo when the Giants let him go.

Aikbach

Reaction score
If anything that runningback stable might be overcrowded, it seems inevitable that Choice will bolt to become like Michael Turner once his contract expires in a couple of seasons, he might be good trade bait after next season.

With a healthy Barber and Felix Jones it is always welcome to have a Choice, if you'll pardon the pun, but he's probably worth a second round pick or more to someone potentially.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Aikbach;2494681 said:
If anything that runningback stable might be overcrowded, it seems inevitable that Choice will bolt to become like Michael Turner once his contract expires in a couple of seasons, he might be good trade bait after next season.

With a healthy Barber and Felix Jones it is always welcome to have a Choice, if you'll pardon the pun, but he's probably worth a second round pick or more to someone potentially.

Show me a second rounder that you can guarantee is going to be better than Choice.

I think the guy you trade is the guy who loses the #1 RB spot in camp next year. Unfortunately, if Choice wins I don't think you can trade Barber because of the cap implications.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Eskimo;2494693 said:
Show me a second rounder that you can guarantee is going to be better than Choice.

I think the guy you trade is the guy who loses the #1 RB spot in camp next year. Unfortunately, if Choice wins I don't think you can trade Barber because of the cap implications.
Well, they'd better not trade Felix. It's a good problem to have.

Aikbach

Reaction score
Eskimo;2494693 said:

I can't, but the point is that if a year from now the writing on the wall indicates he could start elsewhere then you might as well trade him for high compensation rather than let him walk for nothing when his contract expires.

Eskimo

Reaction score
Aikbach;2494735 said:
I can't, but the point is that if a year from now the writing on the wall indicates he could start elsewhere then you might as well trade him for high compensation rather than let him walk for nothing when his contract expires.

I guess my point is that I'm not ready to concede that Choice isn't going to be a better RB than Barber - you keep the better player for yourself.