(Youtube) Roy Williams horse collar on McNabb

Echo9

Erik_H
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
mickgreen58;1838027 said:
I was a little confused on Roy Williams' reaction after the tackle on McNabb, in which he was called for the horse collar.

I thought that was pretty obvious and I believe Troy Aikman said they included grabing the jersey in the rules this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9APM6mNVCVY

Mick,

Reaction or no. That kind of tackle was pretty much the reason they instituted the penalty.

Sadly, that was a texbook horsecollar

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
i usually dont bash roy like a lot of posters here. but man i got pissed right when i saw him do that! unbelievable.

Reaction score
Roy Williams is one of the obviousy holes in this defense... They need to stay away from DB's from OU!

Real1st

Nikola Tesla
Reaction score
And the he looks at the ref like "*** DID I DO"

Roy is an idiot

Wolfpack

Reaction score
Textbook is right. He should have had a decent angle on him to wrap up from the side.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
It was McNabb, not a speedy WR pulling away...if you can reach out and grab him that easily by the back of the neck, you can easily do the usual lean in waste tackle with both arms around him.

Stupid.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Words can't express how pissed I am at the rhetoric Roy supporters keep spouting back about his play - what happened to Superman?

The only thing I can blame is his conditioning, great players just don't suddenly become horrible. However some great players, suddenly get exposed with a few years of game film on them. Roy seemed to be one of those.

CanadianCowboysFan

Lightning Rod
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1838027 said:
I was a little confused on Roy Williams' reaction after the tackle on McNabb, in which he was called for the horse collar.

I thought that was pretty obvious and I believe Troy Aikman said they included grabing the jersey in the rules this year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9APM6mNVCVY

His reaction was stupid as it was a clear penalty. Of course McNabb's histrionics were just as pitiful.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
You know, I never get into this debate, but first play from scrimmage I could have kicked my TV. Really, if anyone can Youtube that one, you'll see Roy let Westbrook run by him. What is his problem? I remember when that guy used to hit.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
CanadianCowboysFan;1838218 said:
His reaction was stupid as it was a clear penalty. Of course McNabb's histrionics were just as pitiful.

Yep.

IMO, if Philly had a more consistent and effective QB, they would be a Playoff team. I think they would certainly be better than the Giants.

Mash

Reaction score
Roy never takes the blame........when his man catches a ball.....he always looks around like its someone elses fault.........

That penalty was a typical Roy reaction.......Im not surprised anymore.....actually getting tired of watching him.....

wouldnt bother me one bit if we traded or cut his ***.......he is a shell of his rookie year and is not the leader I expected him to be.