Z. Martin's worst game?

BaybeeJay

Reaction score
I don't recall a worse game for our All-Pro right guard. Gave up multiple sacks, one of which led to Dak's fumble. He looked weak and slow. Hope we can win the division next week, and give him some rest.

Last edited:

EST_1986

Reaction score
him and Tyron were the weak spots in the line yesterday, injury is taking a big toll on those two guys

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Playing on a bum knee against Fletcher Cox would make a lot of guys look bad. It's fairly obvious Martin has been gutting it out, but against the top tackles he's going to struggle on one leg.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Martin has been playing hurt almost all season. And Fletcher Cox is one of the best DLinemen in the business. He’s hard for anyone to block.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
He looked hurt. And he is known for playing through pain, which tells you most players wouldn't have been on the field yesterday if they were playing through the same knee injury.

It's crazy that Dak did so well given Martin's struggles, Tyron's struggles, La'el being La'el, and then this

ondaedg

Reaction score
The only guy who would stand a chance against Fletcher Cox strength-wise is Larry Allen. No way Zach can block him banged up let alone healthy.

Batman1980

Reaction score
Connor Williams has gotten his feet wet, time to go back to that well.

Elusive6thRing

Reaction score
I'm afraid Martin and Smith won't age well. But hopefully they can get back to full health and playing top level football.

endersdragon

Reaction score
We should just rest those two until we are sure they are healthy the next few weeks. The NFC East is wrapped up, we probably aren't getting a first round bye and the 3rd and 4th seeds are basically identical if we don't... so no sense wearing them out even more to suck in the playoffs. We have some decent backups, let them play and just rest our two all-pro players until we are sure they are healthy.

Kaiser

Reaction score
It's crazy that Dak did so well given Martin's struggles, Tyron's struggles, La'el being La'el, and then this

I've always thought Sua-Filo was a bigger liability in pass protection than most fans thought, but he is good on run downs and anyone we have is going to get killed by Fletcher Cox.

I think the issue with La'el Collins was the transition to Paul Alexander's technique, I read several places that he was having more trouble than the others with the switch - and none of our guys really took to it anyway. I think with a full offseason in his old technique he will be fine, he was definitely above average at RT last year.

With Tyron and Martin its purely about injuries.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If there's 2 positions we have to fill this year it's OL and QB coach. If Colombo was he guy he'd have been there already

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't recall a worse game for our All-Pro right guard. Gave up multiple sacks, one of which led to Dak's fumble. He looked weak and slow. Hope we can win the division next week, and give him some rest.
zak had over 100 yards. Dak threw for 455 and 54 throws. I think you have to rethink how you evaluate his play. and Dak needs to protect the ball better...his fumbling is a big issue and he should have had two hands on the ball instead of carrying it like a bag of bread....

T-RO

Reaction score
He was horrible

Fans here wouldn't be able to walk to the kitchen for coffee with the pain Zack has in his knee right now. These players fight through so much pain it isn't funny...and then we log in and predictable parties are sitting in PJ's whining and moping about stuff in a 5-game win streak.

Brooksey

Reaction score
Yes but dumb thread being that it's not in the right context. Zack is playing on a sprained MCL and Fletcher Cox was bull rushing him.