Zach Rogers - WR - Volunteers

RS12

Reaction score
CBS Sports' Dane Brugler suggests Dallas might select Tennessee WR Zach Rogers in the later rounds after hiring for Vols HC Derek Dooley to coach their receivers.
The Cowboys have plenty of slot options in Dwayne Harris, Cole Beasley, and Danny Coale, but Rogers is an intriguing option. He was the third receiver at Tennessee, but Rogers would have started on almost any other team. He will likely be selected in the fifth-round or beyond.
Source: Dane Brugler on Twitter Jan 27 - 10:42 AM

RS12

Reaction score
OK so I remember this guy having a nice game against Georgia. I think he is better than Coale and Beasley but how many slot guys does this team need? I was really hoping to steal Da'Rick Rogers in the 5 or 6th round, guy has big upside. Dooley could say whether he thinks it is woth doing.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
I guess we can take Tyler Bray's name out of the possible future QB's of the Dallas Cowboys. Derrick Dooley hated him at Tennessee and Bray obviously hated him in return.

But, Rogers was a good slot guy at Tennessee. Pretty productive player. He was actually underrated/overshadowed because of Justin Hunter and Cordarrelle Patterson imo. But, how many small white slot receivers are we going to get on this team before we realize they're not the next Wes Welker? :rolleyes:

Hailmary

Reaction score
RS12;4984859 said:
OK so I remember this guy having a nice game against Georgia. I think he is better than Coale and Beasley but how many slot guys does this team need? I was really hoping to steal Da'Rick Rogers in the 5 or 6th round, guy has big upside. Dooley could say whether he thinks it is woth doing.

I want us to go after Da'Rick Rogers as well, but it looks like he'll be a 2nd round pick at this point (that's with all of his off field concerns...that's how talented the kid is). You look at some of his highlights the last year he was with the Vols and it's like watching a Dez Bryant clone.

IAmLegend

Reaction score
RS12;4984859 said:
I was really hoping to steal Da'Rick Rogers in the 5 or 6th round, guy has big upside. Dooley could say whether he thinks it is woth doing.

Da'Rick Rodgers will not fall to the 5th or 6th round.. he's way too talented. Teams will overlooks his "character issues" because of his natural talent. I bet he goes no later than the 3rd.