Zach Thomas (LB) signs with the Chiefs

Common Sense

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2726842 said:
See the other thread.

Which one was it? I can't remember.

EDIT: Nevermind. I didn't even know there was another thread about the Thomas signing. I thought you meant an older one about compensatory picks.

ShiningStar

Reaction score
Im all for keeping Keith Davis, we thought enuff to bring him back, hes great on ST where we are failing each year since DeHaven joined. So im all for him coming back and putting some attitude on ST where its been lacking lately.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Zach Thomas lands in Kansas City
10:32 PM Sat, Apr 11, 2009 | Permalink | Yahoo! Buzz
Tim MacMahon E-mail News tips

The Kansas City Star reports that LB Zach Thomas has signed with the Chiefs.

Thomas made it clear after the season finale that he wouldn't be returning to Valley Ranch. At 36, one of the best linebackers of the last decade didn't find much interest on the open market.

Thomas surely would have preferred to play for a team with a legitimate chance to win a championship. He'll settle for being part of a rebuilding effort in Kansas City, although that process might be pretty quick with Matt Cassel under center.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
he just got done complaining about being miscast in a 3-4 defense so he goes out and joins a team putting in a 3-4 defense?

unionjack8

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
ADAM - i have just read its a 1yr deal worth 2m.

How does this affect the comp pick at this early stage?

Woods

Reaction score
Z Thomas is bound to have gotten some guaranteed money . . . .

Please let it be so . . . .

RESIN8

Reaction score
Is it for certain that the Chiefs will play a 3-4? I mean Glen Dorsey doesn't really fit the mold of a 3-4 NG. And he seems to be too short to play DE in that set. What a waste of a draft pick.

I'd be suprised to see Zach crack the starting lineup over there.