Zack Baun OLB Wisconsin

Carson

Reaction score
I’m all for guys from Wisconsin, Iowa, Ohio State all day.

I like his game. I love drafting guys who are multiple year starters, consistent, team captains.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
McClay it was reported that wanted Watt over Taco but coaches wanted Taco.
Reported where?

If you have something that demonstrates what you are saying, please post it.

From what I have seen that has been publicly reported, they preferred Charlton because of scheme fit and the fact that Watt was a "projection".

There are numerous other accounts, including from the newspaper with the initials D-M-N that say no, this was another one of their "group" decisions that are talked about that make it so nobody has to be accountable.

Verdammung

Reaction score
Reported where?

From what I have seen that has been publicly reported, they preferred Charlton because of scheme fit and the fact that Watt was a "projection".

There are numerous other accounts, including from the newspaper with the initials D-M-N that say no, this was another one of their "group" decisions that are talked about that make it so nobody has to be accountable.

Before he left DC.com, Broaddus was on a podcast and claimed McClay took his share of the blame when asked about it, calling it a miss on his part. Definitely not ironclad, but suggests he was on board with drafting Taco.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Reported where?

just google it. literally google mcclay wanted tj watt and it will come up

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Reported where?

It wasn’t reported.

Latinmind is spreading misinformation again.

McClay and the rest of the coaching staff thought Taco was better for their scheme and that Watt was more of a projection player converting from TE to DE, and that he was better suited for 34 OLB.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I love how certain posters are so desperate to make their opinions of certain people valid...Jerry, McClay, Garett.. or even players, that they try to change the narrative or the actual story to make their guy look better.

Hardline

Reaction score
The Cowboys hit a home run with thier last Wisconsin draft pick.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I love how certain posters are so desperate to make their opinions of certain people valid...Jerry, McClay, Garett.. or even players, that they try to change the narrative or the actual story to make their guy look better.
The McClay spin is getting stronger as his drafts age and start looking less and less attractive.

LatinMind

iPhotoshop
Reaction score
Well, it didn't. Now what?
lol guess i was wrong then huh. there were reports on both sides until mcclay cleared it up. never read that.

Ill add tho look up my posts and ive always said Watt was a OLB, always has been. The same as Ware. When Dallas moved to 4-3 Ware wasnt the same player

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
lol guess i was wrong then huh. there were reports on both sides until mcclay cleared it up. never read that.

Ill add tho look up my posts and ive always said Watt was a OLB, always has been. The same as Ware. When Dallas moved to 4-3 Ware wasnt the same player

You didn’t read anything. That’s the problem.