Video: Zack Martin: Back and Forth Everyday

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
All-pro guard Zack Martin talks about the back and forth battles with the offense and defense at training camp, the development of Tyler Smith and more...

https://www.dallascowboys.com/video/zack-martin-back-and-forth-everyday

I got a big kick out of how Zack Martin talked about the defensive pass rushers being so deep and putting so much pressure on the OL to contend with them and their constant pressure. I almost feel sorry for our competition this year in trying to keep up with them. It's exciting to hear, to say the least.

Opposing QBs might be running for their lives, from the looks of it. That's exactly the kind of impression I get from listening to Zack's description of the pressure they put forth upon opposing OLs to keep them in check. Watching our defensive pass rush pressure this season should be extremely entertaining, in and of itself. It seems like forever that we've waited for something like this to happen. Let's just hope it's for real. :D

Last edited:

Aven8

Reaction score
I got a big kick out of how Zack Martin talked about the defensive pass rushers being so deep and putting so much pressure on the OL to contend with them and their constant pressure to rush the passer. I feel sorry for our competition this year trying to keep up with them. Opposing QBs will be running for their lives, from the looks of it. That's the impression I get from listening to Zack's description of the pressure they put forward on the offensive line to try to keep them in check. Watching this defensive pass rush pressure this season should be highly entertaining in and of itself. ;)

5 players standing up and Micha coming at you as the 6th? :omg:

shabazz

Reaction score
I got a big kick out of how Zack Martin talked about the defensive pass rushers being so deep and putting so much pressure on the OL to contend with them and their constant pressure. I almost feel sorry for our competition this year in trying to keep up with them. It's exciting to hear, to say the least.

Opposing QBs might be running for their lives, from the looks of it. That's exactly the kind of impression I get from listening to Zack's description of the pressure they put forth upon opposing OLs to keep them in check. Watching our defensive pass rush pressure this season should be extremely entertaining, in and of itself. It seems like forever that we've waited for something like this to happen. Let's just hope it's for real. :D

I was hyped about it too until I realized how many great defensive plays on 3rd down will be nullified by the refs flags

We will see phantom offsides. Bogus roughing the passer and basically anything that will give opposing offenses first downs.

I was excited there for a very brief moment.........it will happen, but it was nice to dream

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I was hyped about it too until I realized how many great defensive plays on 3rd down will be nullified by the refs flags

We will see phantom offsides. Bogus roughing the passer and basically anything that will give opposing offenses first downs.

I was excited there for a very brief moment.........it will happen, but it was nice to dream
This will be Dan Quinn if that happens…

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score

True, perhaps, to some extent but there's only so many penalties they're likely to assess and get away with. Let's keep an open mind and an eye out for them, though. Hopefully, our pressure will do enough damage to keep them under control. It will be interesting, in any event.

Last edited:

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
As well-spoken as Zack Martin is, I wouldn't be surprised if he were pursued by a TV network for commentary, after he retires. Of course, that kind of a career isn't for everyone, although he seems capable of having success if he chose to try. ;)

Last edited:

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
5 players standing up and Micha coming at you as the 6th? :omg:
Me likey…. But-hope the DTs can handle the OL one on one and even double teams , if that happens Quinn will be licking his chops , he will have either Micah , Lawrence , Fowler or Williams having a free run at QB. Good things can happen

DeaconMoss

Reaction score
Hey Zac. Quit spilling the beans on what DQ has been working in the lab.

RS12

Reaction score
Zack is awesome. Great interview.

Micha might be the best defensive player in the league folks. Chills…
Too many here dont realize what we have or what they are watching with Zack. His resume already better than Tony Boselli who went into the HOF yesterday.

RS12

Reaction score
As well-spoken as Zack Martin is, I wouldn't be surprised if he were pursued by a TV network for commentary, after he retires. Of course, that kind of a career isn't for everyone, although he seems capable of having success if he chose to try. ;)
I could see Zack being a top color commentator, Obviously knows what he is looking at and talking about.

Tussinman

Reaction score
Too many here dont realize what we have or what they are watching with Zack. His resume already better than Tony Boselli who went into the HOF yesterday.
Steve Hutchinson (who just got in the hof a few years back at the guard position) had the exact same accolades as Martin (all decade team, 7x pro bowl, 5x first team all pro, 2x 2nd team all pro) but Martin accomplished it in half a decade less time....

That is almost so surreal that it doesn't even sound possible. Martin literally did Steve's exact hall of fame accolades in 5 less seasons :eek:

That's generational talent