News: Zack Martin, La'el Collins Working to Make Everything All Right

CCBoy

Reaction score
Zack Martin, La'el Collins Working to Make Everything All Right
http://www.dallascowboys.com/news/2...ael-collins-working-make-everything-all-right

Could this be the start of something big? The beginning of a one-two punch on the right side of the Cowboys’ offensive line that could raise an already heralded unit to even greater heights?

That’s what the Cowboys are hoping for. Gone is Doug Free, the wise elder who served as leader for one of the best, if not the best offensive line in the league. In his place, the team has begun working La’el Collins at right offensive tackle this offseason.

It’s a change that comes with some uncertainty. The Cowboys knew what they had in Free after all, while Collins still has something to prove. Regardless, Dallas is fairly confident that the transition will be a success simply because of the steady constant who remains on that right side – guard Zack Martin. “When I came in, Doug was a huge help to me, just being that veteran and knowing what to do,” said Martin. “I’m going to try to do that for La’el and communicate with him and help him out as much as possible.”...

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
I hope we can afford to keep Collins. I say his price, what ever it is and I'm sure it's a lot, goes up this year.

This is his final year? Correct?

PhillyCowboysFan

Reaction score
I'm not sure if they will be able to. Zach needs to be resigned first and then it also depends a lot on the Year Collins will have.

haleyrules

Reaction score
What an offensive line. Best in the league. The FO needs to keep this bunch together. Some big overpriced contracts must go to save this line.

Reaction score
I hope we can afford to keep Collins. I say his price, what ever it is and I'm sure it's a lot, goes up this year.

This is his final year? Correct?
yes, this is his final year of his 3-year contract signed prior to 2015 season. If his price tag goes up, that means he had an excellent 2017 season. I'd take that and would expect him to get as much $$ as possible considering his situation

GhostOfPelluer

Reaction score
It's the final year of his contract but he's a restricted FA so Dallas needs only a qualifying offer to keep him.

Pants

Reaction score
love that Zach is showing him the ropes...let's get another Erik Williams over there please

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Can't wait to see how this plays out. Are they committed to him at RT or just trying it out with plans to move him back to LG in camp?

diefree666

Reaction score
Even if he really plays well this year at RT or LG that is still only one top year so we would not have to come up with anything in the Martin class to keep him.

Daillest88

Reaction score
Oh god if he can just be all around above average at RT that's already an upgrade, people are forgetting about Tyron.. he played all banged up last year. He will be better too. I'm not sure about Cooper. But I believe we will have solid play there. Overall I believe this line will be better than last year. If Collins performs we are not going to let him walk. Our cap over the next few years is looking good. I believe this front office won't let our investments (Dak and EzE) go to waist . It's worth the cap to keep all together.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Whether it's La'el or Green that ends up being our guy at RT, one of them will be fortunate to get to play next to Martin. It promises to be a blessing for either of them whenever the decision is made to favor one for the job. Pretty sure the OL won't lose a beat this season. :)