Zack Sanchez cut

Vero_F250

Reaction score
Would love to see Dallas claim him.

Strengths
Three-year starter. Outstanding ball production has been his calling card. Grabbed 15 interceptions during three-year career. Always looking to take the ball reading the quarterback's eyes and taking sharp angles on the throw. Has the hands and athleticism to make difficult interceptions. Great spatial feel in zone shifting from receiver to receiver and squeezing throwing windows. Mirror and match footwork combined with route recognition from man-off gives him playmaking opportunities. Carries long speed to challenge vertical targets.

Weaknesses
Short and rail thin for an outside cornerback. Inconsistent tackler due to size. May not have enough sand to hold up against physical receivers. Reckless habit of diving head first on slant looks only to be burned by "sluggo" (slant and go) routes. Doesn't play as fast as his forty time. Allowed 12 touchdowns over last three years and that number should have been higher (drops/overthrows). Can be turned around by clever routes. Average closing burst out of backpedal.

Draft Projection
Round 5

Sources Tell Us
"He is fast and talented. I'm always partial to guys who make plays on the ball so I like him. I don't think he's tough enough to tackle so he is probably just a true nickel cornerback who you have to play outside so teams can't run it at him in the slot." -- NFC director of scouting

NFL Comparison
Patrick Robinson

Bottom Line
Experienced cornerback who has cover experience against current and future NFL receivers. Sanchez is a feast or famine cover man whose instincts run him into interceptions but also into aggressive mistakes that can cost his own team. His lack of size will work against him on draft day, but his ball production will be heavily weighed by teams looking for coverage help from a third cornerback.

Reactions: BAT