Zack Snyder Is Developing a Star Wars Film Outside the New Trilogy

joseephuss

Reaction score
http://www.vulture.com/2013/01/zack-snyder-preps-non-trilogy-star-wars-film.html?mid=imdb

Zack Snyder Is Developing a Star Wars Film Outside the New Trilogy

Back in November, the Los Angeles Times reported that Man of Steel and 300 director Zack Snyder said he had no interest in directing the hotly anticipated seventh Star Wars film. But Vulture has learned that while this may be specifically true — he won’t be doing Episode VII — it was a bit of misdirection: He is in fact developing a Star Wars project for Lucasfilm that is set within the series’ galaxy, though parallel to the next trilogy. It will be an as-yet-untitled Jedi epic loosely based on Akira Kurosawa’s 1954 classic Seven Samurai, with the ronin and katana being replaced by the Force-wielding knights and their iconic lightsabers. (Go ahead, say it — you know you want to: “ … an elegant weapon, for a more civilized age.” Felt good, didn’t it?)

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Hmm, I might be more excited if it was loosely based on The Magnificent Seven.

arglebargle

Reaction score
junk;4966120 said:

That was based on the Seven Samuraii.

But where are you going to find the Eli Wallach for that role?

Illini88228

Reaction score
junk;4966120 said:

I'm not really into posting memes and the like, but this is a perfect place for one of those "Not sure if serious..." ones.

junk

I've got moxie
Reaction score
Illini88228;4966328 said:
I'm not really into posting memes and the like, but this is a perfect place for one of those "Not sure if serious..." ones.

Not serious

Illini88228

Reaction score
junk;4966382 said:
Not serious

That's what I was hoping. The movie might be interesting. I was a bit of Star Wars nerd growing up, so I'm cautiously optimistic right now. Not like Lucas left some great legacy to be tarnished with those prequels. As bad as Episode 1 was, Hayden Christensen makes 2 and 3 almost unwatchable.