Zay Jones

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I really like this player.. I wasn't aware of him until the Senior Bowl coverage.

This guy is going to be a stud. 2 or 3 years in an NFL weight lifting program and he is going to be a bigtime WR.

CowboysLaw87

Reaction score
He can really play. The problem is that Will McClay seems to strongly prefer big school guys in the first few rounds. Not sure if that completely excludes Jones, but something to consider.

reddyuta

Reaction score
I would like a faster player of we draft a WR early.

DFWJC

Reaction score
He can really play. The problem is that Will McClay seems to strongly prefer big school guys in the first few rounds. Not sure if that completely excludes Jones, but something to consider.
Do you mean power 5 conference teams?

Anyway, we just drafted Byron Jones from Connecticut two years ago...same conference as ECU.
Also, Jones may not go until round 3 or later...not sure. His speed is good but not overwhelming

I'm a fan of Zay's but I'd probably prefer we not take him in the first 2-3 rounds.

Last edited:

cowboyschmps3

Reaction score
If this is the guy that got 2 touchdowns taken off at the senior bowl, Im all for it, he showed great ball skills and hands, one TD only put one foot down, by the way he snatched from the air was just nice. 2-3 with a strong combine?

The Realist

Reaction score
Do you mean power 5 conference teams?

Anyway, we just drafted Byron Jones from Connecticut two years ago...same conference as ECU.
Also, Jones may not go until round 3 or later...not sure. His speed is good but not overwhelming

I'm a fan of Zay's but I'd probably prefer we not take him in the first 2-3 rounds.

Top 3 round lock unless he robs a bank between now and draft.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Depending on who's there in the 3rd, i might be okay with him there.The guy can catch the ball. THAT'S ALL WE NEED

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Just looking at his tape, he is NOT 197 lbs. More like 170-175 lbs. But he looks taller than 6'1. Very lanky, almost Randy Moss-like built.

KDM256

Reaction score
Caught my eye during Senior Bowl practices and made a couple great catches during the Senior Bowl game as well. Would love for the Cowboys to target him in the 4th but I could see a team picking him up in the 3rd round or even reaching late 2nd round as well.

Last edited: