Zeitler and Konz

a_minimalist

Reaction score
My money is on them not being available at #45 which ruins a whole lot of mocks.

Including one of mine.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
a_minimalist;4514273 said:
My money is on them not being available at #45 which ruins a whole lot of mocks.

Including one of mine.

Mine too, but we can swith Z with Silatolu and I'll be just as happy.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I won't be surprised if Konz is available, nor would I be surprised that we picked someone else. The guy has been hurt or seriously ill on a regular basis.

You want your center to be an ironman even if less talented...there's a good reason why starting centers are almost never pulled, even in blowouts. No coach, no QB, no RB, no one wants to see a backup center in the game...almost everything that can happen is bad.

To be drafted in the first or second rounds, teams are going to want to be certain that Konz can hold up. He'd be better off if he'd been healthy most of his career and was currently recovering from surgery...at least then he wouldn't be surrounded by questions.

Eskimo

Reaction score
I'm inclined to stay where we are and draft Brandon Brooks.

This guy could be great. He has tremendous size, power and athelticism. The film apparently suggests the light finally turned on and he was dominant this season. He apparently was dominant at the Senior Bowl, too.

He's 6'5 345 pounds, 5.0 forty, 4.5 short shuttle, 7.37 3cone, 32 vert, 8-9 broad jump. Those are numbers you see out of an agile DE, not a 345 pound OG.

All the other top guys will push him down and this is a good spot to grab this guy who has a higher ceiling than DeCastro if he can put it all together. Can you imagine him and Tyron side-by-side and just caving in DLs on the goalline for our RBs to shuffle into the end zone?

I much prefer shooting for Brooks here than trading up for Zeitler. Konz should be off of our boards as a medical red flag - don't touch him before the 3rd.

a_minimalist

Reaction score
Eskimo;4514444 said:
I'm inclined to stay where we are and draft Brandon Brooks.

This guy could be great. He has tremendous size, power and athelticism. The film apparently suggests the light finally turned on and he was dominant this season. He apparently was dominant at the Senior Bowl, too.

He's 6'5 345 pounds, 5.0 forty, 4.5 short shuttle, 7.37 3cone, 32 vert, 8-9 broad jump. Those are numbers you see out of an agile DE, not a 345 pound OG.

All the other top guys will push him down and this is a good spot to grab this guy who has a higher ceiling than DeCastro if he can put it all together. Can you imagine him and Tyron side-by-side and just caving in DLs on the goalline for our RBs to shuffle into the end zone?

I much prefer shooting for Brooks here than trading up for Zeitler. Konz should be off of our boards as a medical red flag - don't touch him before the 3rd.

i'm okay with brooks. that scenario plays out fine with me. i just don't think people should expect to see either at #45. even with this medical issue people keep talking about with konz, i've never heard it brought up in a meaningful conversation about his potential on tv. that's not exactly saying much but all i've heard on espn and the nfl network have been positive and he will be gone in the late 20's. we shall see

a_minimalist

Reaction score
Chuck 54;4514288 said:
I won't be surprised if Konz is available, nor would I be surprised that we picked someone else. The guy has been hurt or seriously ill on a regular basis.

You want your center to be an ironman even if less talented...there's a good reason why starting centers are almost never pulled, even in blowouts. No coach, no QB, no RB, no one wants to see a backup center in the game...almost everything that can happen is bad.

To be drafted in the first or second rounds, teams are going to want to be certain that Konz can hold up. He'd be better off if he'd been healthy most of his career and was currently recovering from surgery...at least then he wouldn't be surrounded by questions.

how do you know he's been seriously ill on a regular basis?

supercowboy8

Reaction score
I can see them both not being there at 45 but I can also see both of them being there. It will be interesting but I don't think its a 100% chance both will be gone.