Zeke, HBO's Ballers, and the hypocrisy of it all

TexasBacon

Reaction score
I'm not going to condone Zeke pulling down a girls shirt but it is the epitome of both irony and hypocrisy that the "March incident" was a significant factor in a 6 game suspension. Ever watch Ballers on HBO? Not only do many NFL players cameo in it, the NFL allows it's teams and likeness to be used in the show. A show where players are constantly depicted as having nude orgies with women, shown doing cocaine, shown groping and grabbing women, etc.

For the NFL to cite Zeke pulling down a (willing) woman's top (despite being a classless move on his part) as even a 1% factor in his suspension should go to show just how backwards they really are.

Reaction score
The NFL has nothing to do with that show and even sued to have their likeness to not be associated with it.
Yet Victor Cruz, Terrell Suggs and others have been allowed to act in it without ramifications. I guess the NFL can't stop them from doing so. Which is probably correct legally.

But it is an intersting point the opening poster makes.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I'm just as pissed as everyone but Zeke ****ed himself. All he had to do is become a "choir boy" this off-season and LAY LOW. ON his best behavior. Hell....have a few cameras around doing community work. PERCEPTION is everything. The St Patties day and bar fight incidents lit a fire to the investigation and forced the league to take "some type of action." This probably would have wrapped up by spring but Zeke kept inexplicably ******* up while under investigation. It spoke to his character. I don't think dv alone was strong enough to warrant 6 games. To quote the late B.I.G..the league essentially "sprinkled coke on the floor and made this drug related"

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
Zeke knew he was under investigation by the league but instead of keeping out of the headlines, he continued to be in the headlines, for all the wrong reasons, so apparently he isn't that bright!!

TexasBacon

Reaction score
Even if they don't have the NFL's consent many active players have cameo'd in it, even at parties where drugs have been done. And you really don't think the NFL doesn't have a working relationship with HBO? Hard Knocks anyone? My point is that using the March incident as grounds for SIX games when the only other evidence is he said she said when other players are doing drugs and partying with topless girls on a nationally televised show is just ridiculous.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Zeke knew he was under investigation by the league but instead of keeping out of the headlines, he continued to be in the headlines, for all the wrong reasons, so apparently he isn't that bright!!

It was made very clear in the NFL's statement that Boobgate did not weigh into their decision making. This was all about Tiffany Thompson.

robjay04

Reaction score
Yet Victor Cruz, Terrell Suggs and others have been allowed to act in it without ramifications. I guess the NFL can't stop them from doing so. Which is probably correct legally.

I am actually watching it now lol

Don't forget Sean Payton.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
It was made very clear in the NFL's statement that Boobgate did not weigh into their decision making. This was all about Tiffany Thompson.

But they did say the incident indicated a pattern of behavior towards women...if you continue to poke a dog, don't be surprised if it bites you..

TheHerd

Reaction score

Actually, legally it doesn't matter. You can bet your house that if Zeke was on that show he'd be under suspension due to the personal conduct detrimental to the league umbrella. Goodell and the NFL (and the courts in the case the Brady decision) have proven there is no relationship between the legal side and what the NFL is allowed to do.

Reaction score
Actually, legally it doesn't matter. You can bet your house that if Zeke was on that show he'd be under suspension due to the personal conduct detrimental to the league umbrella. Goodell and the NFL (and the courts in the case the Brady decision) have proven there is no relationship between the legal side and what the NFL is allowed to do.
If Goodell were to suspend Zeke, he'd have to suspend them all, including Sean Payton.

In a case like this, Goodell really would lose in court if he were selective in who he suspends.

TheHerd

Reaction score
If Goodell were to suspend Zeke, he'd have to suspend them all, including Sean Payton.

In a case like this, Goodell really would lose in court if he were selective in who he suspends.

Not really, he can do as he pleases with zero accountability. He is absolutely not consistent, and there is nothing in the CBA which makes that a problem. The players signed a deal which made Sir Roger an absolute dictator with full and absolute control. He can even hear the appeal of his own decisions if he so desires. The worst agreement in labor history.

RoboQB

Reaction score
It's almost like Goodell wants to see just how much damage he can do before the league boots him.

He's like a TV sitcom trying to get out of a contract. How much can they get away with before being cancelled.

As for the job, I'd do it for 50 cents on the dollar... just over $22million.