Zeke insurance. Is it time for AP?

Reaction score
Looks like AP'a market is not hot, and we could easily cut Morris to create a little more room. If Zeke might be suspended, and AP checks out physically, would it be worth it to sign him as a backup? I think he's still good enough to be very effective behind this line on 7-10 carries a game (or with a full workload for any games that Zeke may be suspended).

robjay04

Reaction score
Not likely.

We have more important things to spend money on.

I would prefer Charles if I had to pick because he is versatile. I don't even think Peterson will be a good back with 7 carries . He's the kind of guy that needs to get his rhythm and he adds nothing to the passing game.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Looks like AP'a market is not hot, and we could easily cut Morris to create a little more room. If Zeke might be suspended, and AP checks out physically, would it be worth it to sign him as a backup? I think he's still good enough to be very effective behind this line on 7-10 carries a game (or with a full workload for any games that Zeke may be suspended).

It's certainly a thought. The Cowboys won't even have to cut anybody- there's 5 million of cap room on the way once Doug Free officially retires (and maybe 5 million more if Romo gets axed without a June 1 designation).

However, I have a feeling Dallas is just going to bring Darren McFadden back and be done with it. I doubt Zeke gets suspended, and if he does, it'll probably be just a one or two game thing.

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
I hadn't heard that. Link? His only visit has been with Seahawks and they picked Lacy instead.

I read it today maybe I can find it. Says he's to choose between the Packers and lions.

Nevermind Should've read more into it. It's just a rumor since lacy signed with seattle.

Last edited:

stilltheguru88

Reaction score
Only thing I want from AP is to train with some of our guys. He's an animal physically, ask Melvin Gordon. Dez should seek him out

sean10mm

Reaction score
There is like a 95% chance that AP is washed up. Running backs are virtually all garbage by 32, including most Hall of Famers.

Reaction score
Lat Murray just signed with Vikings. APs price tag is going down. I'd rather sign him than see him in Wash or NYG with something to prove... one year deal as Zeke insurance.

The Natural

Reaction score
Cant link his IG right now because I'm at work but he sounds like (yes I'm just reading between the lines) that he'd be extremely open to coming here, I say we make it happen

DFWJC

Reaction score
AP absolutely wants to be the primary back.
Thats not even debateable.

If Zeke suffered a bad injury, then maybe he'd be an option.