Zeke needs help

KingRah

Reaction score
He got beat up more this year than any rb since r Williams with the dolphins. he's so great that he lead the league in rushing, but he did it mostly on his own this year. Gurley didn't get touched within the first 3 yards this year. Zeke gets hit half the team at the line. He just breaks tackles. when you have a special back, you need to get him 2 yards up the field without being touched.
were wasting zeke if we don't upgrade the o-line. let Connor learn on someone else's time. Every game he struggles is more hits on zeke.

jsb357

Reaction score
How would Emmit's number been different if he had no
Moose blocking for him and no Novacek/Irvin picking up critical
3rd downs to keep drives alive.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I feel our Cowboys need a competent backup for Zeke. Rod Smith? Nah.
I think this community overlooks the fact that R. Smith provides us with a synergistic benefit; it keeps Jaylon happy, and can lead to him taking a "hometown discount".... now cutting his brother going into a contract year? I don't think that's smart.

Getting a new RB2, having Smith slide back to FB (believe he started as one or was one in college), I'd support that.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I think this community overlooks the fact that R. Smith provides us with a synergistic benefit; it keeps Jaylon happy, and can lead to him taking a "hometown discount".... now cutting his brother going into a contract year? I don't think that's smart.

Getting a new RB2, having Smith slide back to FB (believe he started as one or was one in college), I'd support that.
Adrian Peterson is a free-agent... we all know he always wanted to wear the Star.... I'd see what it costs to get him in here.

kwcool619

Reaction score
Adrian Peterson is a free-agent... we all know he always wanted to wear the Star.... I'd see what it costs to get him in here.

AP is intriguing. He had a good season this season. Is he willing to be a backup? I understand the synergistic benefit to keeping RSmith. Just find a role for him.

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
AP is intriguing. He had a good season this season. Is he willing to be a backup? I understand the synergistic benefit to keeping RSmith. Just find a role for him.
Didn't he sign with both the Saints and Vikings expecting to be the back-up?

Plus he's always wanted to play in DAL.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score

This is the NFL. Jaylon's agent wont be thinking about Rod Smith or synergy when it's time to negotiate an extension for his client.
Rod is ok as a 3rd RB/FB special teams guy. But going into another season with him as the #2 is a joke.