Zero Screens

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
The screen pass is an incredible tool to counteract opposing defenses and use their aggression against them. While I understand we were playing the #1 run defense yesterday, I also saw a lot of pressure being applied on passing downs. He stood in and made great decisions often audibling out of the original play.

That all said, we used the screen to perfection against the Steelers. I didn't count one attempt yesterday. I would really love to see us make that part of our weekly strategy going forward. It may serve us very well down the stretch.

Side note... It doesn't work very well to the TE but I have seen Beasley and Zeke both benefit from screen passes. Both should be in play every game imo.

flosho

Reaction score
Dak sounds like Peyton manning out there with his audibles and play calls. Pretty awesome.

Wolfpack

Reaction score
The play calling was less than stellar for some reason. I agree that the Raven d was screaming for a screen.

I hated the 5 wr on the goal line too.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
I have to agree. Maybe mixing it up because the ravens would be prepped for it? Maybe they didn't see the right situation? Gonna trust the coaches but yes... I would like to see this threat every week.

Romonater

Reaction score
One thing i've noticed about this offense is that they are very deceptive and creative to their playcalling. For instance, they haven't used the lucky sweep in quite some time, but i can assure you they will bring it out of the tool box again soon. My point is they are holding all their cards close to the chest and being calculating when they can use them. The fact that this offense can go so long without using them and still execute is a testament to the coaching and talent on this team.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They haven't used the jet sweep for quite a few games either.
They ran Lucky as if it may happen, but didn't even fake it to him.
Dak did miss him on a play though, when he threw it up down field under some pressure to Dez. Lucky it was not picked off.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I thought we had an incompleted screen pass to Zeke in the first quarter.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
As fast as that defense is, screens would be difficult to complete and gain any yardage. This Cowboy team wears down the opponent. We have to learn a new way to watch them.