Zero tolerance for bad hands or acting

Reaction score
By RAY BUCK
rbuck@star-telegram.com

FIRST SHOT: If Patrick Crayton could catch, he’d still be running. That’s my feeling after last year’s Cowboys-Giants playoff debacle.
Crayton needs to quit talking trash and catch the ball, then everything else will take care of itself.
And if he’s worried about Terry Glenn, it’s already too late. Because Crayton is not, and probably never will be, a true No. 2 receiver.
— Senior Master Sgt. Burl Stubblefield, Ramstein Air Base, Germany
BUCKSHOT: No matter, Jason Witten already is No. 2.
SECOND SHOT: Patrick Crayton has his own problems without being negatively affected by [Jerry Jones still negotiating] with Terry Glenn.
Crayton should concentrate on catching footballs in big games, not whether he’s the No. 2, No. 3 or No. 4 receiver. He has something to prove, no matter where he lines up.
As for Glenn, sign the $500,000 injury settlement. The Cowboys paid you $5 million for four plays last year. If you’re as healthy as you say, then you’ll be paid $1.4 million ... and then there should be no problem.
— Joshua Rodriguez, Midlothian
BUCKSHOT: Terry Glenn is like Mark McGwire. He’s not here to talk about the past.
THIRD SHOT: The NFL stiff-arm rule is pretty cut-and-dried and will be more effective than NBA flopping, which is very vague ... and left to interpretation.
The stiff-arm rule (to a defender’s head) will actually change the way the game is played. A 15-yard penalty ... hurts the team.
NBA fines for flopping will not be high enough to chip (much less dent) players’ pocket books. I do see the rule [cleaning up] poor flopping in the league, i.e., that poofy-haired guy from Cleveland, Anderson Varejao, and others who fall every time the wind blows.
— David Reynolds, Fort Worth
BUCKSHOT: Perhaps NBA flopping fines should be doubled by the Screen Actors Guild.
FOURTH SHOT: The flop takes away from the NBA game and Manu Ginobili has become an Oscar-winning actor. Enough already ... play basketball!
And the NFL stiff-arm deal will go away by Game 9.
— David Glick, Las Colinas
BUCKSHOT: I didn’t get that memo. You and your Park Avenue contacts.
FIFTH SHOT: Hey, Buck, we don’t need Joe Horn. The guy is done, stick a fork in him. Surely, this cannot be even contemplated.
— Roy Banes, Wichita, Kan.
BUCKSHOT: Nope. Dead rumor.
LAST SHOT: The younger Rangers players and core veterans [will produce] a slightly better second-half record. I’m going with 84-78.
This looks like a team that can contend next year, if the owner will show some faith and get a free-agent pitcher or two in the off-season.
— Bruce Lyndes, Fairlee, Vt.
BUCKSHOT: Dang, there’s always a catch.
Ray Buck, 817-390-7760

Reaction score
ThreeSportStar80;2137934 said:
The general consensus is for Crayton to just shut up and play football...

Got to agree! I also agree with Buck's assessment that Witten is the #2 WR and won't doubt to see him split wide just like the Chargers do with Gates and Dallas Clarke for the Colts!

TwentyOne

Reaction score
I am so fed up with this Crayton beating.

Whats people problem ? we lost to the giants. thats now what ? 5 months ago. we lost because we didn't play good as a team not because a single player dropt one ball. so S.T.x.UP and get over it!

Crayton may be talking some trash but to me a team also need someone who does that. it gives players the right attitude for the game. there are player who motivate themselfs by talking before the game others are quite and search the isolation to prepare themselfs for the big game. if the later "fails" in a big one what do call them ? the reason for the loss because they didn't motivate the team and act selfish ?

thats all BS to me and it makes me so angry. Crayton played the no 2 WR the whole season and he did a remarkable job imo. the ball he didn't catch was one of only few the whole season. btw. TO did drop a big one too. nobody talks about that one! it cost us the game too. but TO got a contract extension double of the value crayton got. We did run for ZERO yds in the second half, couldn't pass or stop the Giants passrush - to me garrett cost us the game too. but he got a higher contract and gets hyped as the coming HC. Barber did nothing in the second half too. The OLine too. And now all others get the probs and crayton is the bad boy. and because of what ? he talked before the game.

you are so ridiculous. Its a frickin' team sport so stop bashing on one player just because he couldn't back up his talks. please people he did back it up the whole season. what do people expect ? be fair! everybody makes mistakes. people make a habit of burning players down because they don't know how to live with their own frustration.

grow up! until then spare me with your needles posts! PLEEEEASE!

dueyhemlock

Hog Hunter
Reaction score
I watched this video from dcfanatic

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3VCMmn3ZjuA&NR=1

-----------------------

Just found this on Youtube. Pretty good look back at the last couple of months worth of interviews and video clips.

-----------------------

In this video, around the 3 min. mark, Crayton didn't seem to worried about Glenn and the #2 spot. Maybe there is something else out there with Crayton moaning that I missed.

We all know about the piehole the man carries on his shoulders.. :D ..

sacase

Reaction score
The crayton bashing is just plain stupid. Crayton has the best hands on the team.

NewJCowboy

Reaction score
It's time to let that Crayton drop go...this Crayton bashing is really getting silly now.

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
NewJCowboy;2138036 said:
It's time to let that Crayton drop go...this Crayton bashing is really getting silly now.
I'm not Bashing him ,but I'm still a little peeved by him in that Giants game, that's gonna take awhile to get over.

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2138013 said:
Rangers may NEVER win......

Until they learn just how important pitching is, you're right, they may never win.

They don't seem to get it.

djmajestik

Reaction score
TwentyOne;2138017 said:
I am so fed up with this Crayton beating.

Whats people problem ? we lost to the giants. thats now what ? 5 months ago. we lost because we didn't play good as a team not because a single player dropt one ball. so S.T.x.UP and get over it!

Crayton may be talking some trash but to me a team also need someone who does that. it gives players the right attitude for the game. there are player who motivate themselfs by talking before the game others are quite and search the isolation to prepare themselfs for the big game. if the later "fails" in a big one what do call them ? the reason for the loss because they didn't motivate the team and act selfish ?

thats all BS to me and it makes me so angry. Crayton played the no 2 WR the whole season and he did a remarkable job imo. the ball he didn't catch was one of only few the whole season. btw. TO did drop a big one too. nobody talks about that one! it cost us the game too. but TO got a contract extension double of the value crayton got. We did run for ZERO yds in the second half, couldn't pass or stop the Giants passrush - to me garrett cost us the game too. but he got a higher contract and gets hyped as the coming HC. Barber did nothing in the second half too. The OLine too. And now all others get the probs and crayton is the bad boy. and because of what ? he talked before the game.

you are so ridiculous. Its a frickin' team sport so stop bashing on one player just because he couldn't back up his talks. please people he did back it up the whole season. what do people expect ? be fair! everybody makes mistakes. people make a habit of burning players down because they don't know how to live with their own frustration.

grow up! until then spare me with your needles posts! PLEEEEASE!

Agree 100%. He has GOOD hands, unfortunately he does run his mouth which opens him up as an easy target of criticism IF and WHEN mistakes happen. He made a mistake, big one at that, but if he had just shut up and that had happened I don't think you'd see all the negativity.

I for one just want to get over that play and move on, I am not a hater like some around here, and look forward to seeing what time he has spent in the off-season to improve. Because there are some up and comers on the team that have definitely improved.

What's a needles post? Sounds painful! :laugh2:

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Chief;2138114 said:
Until they learn just how important pitching is, you're right, they may never win.

They don't seem to get it.

Eh? I think they are aware of what pitching means. Their problem is having their pitchers hit the DL around 15 times before the all-star break.

Here in NYC, the news papers keep saying how the Yankee's pitching has been decimated by injuries and thats part of the reason they are only hovering about .500. Well, the Yankee's are in Wonderland injury wise compared to the Rangers pitching staff. The Rangers have had more different starting pitchers than the total count of their entire pitching staff!

If anything, maybe the Rangers need to look into their trainer, because the Rangers (even beyond the pitching staff) have had an ungoddly amount of injuries this season. While $*** happens, it doesn't just happen at this clip on it's own.