Ziggy Ansah has a medical checkup in April

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Posting here, because there has some smoke in the media about Ansah. If there is any fire to that, this checkup will be key

Ansah’s agent told Ian Rapoport of NFL Network that teams have been asking for more information about Ansah’s surgically repaired shoulder, so they plan to wait until after Ansah has a check-up in April before signing. In April it will be four months since Ansah had his shoulder surgery, and the hope is that a clean bill of health will go a long way toward getting some team to offer Ansah the kind of contract he’s looking for.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/03/25/report-ziggy-ansah-wont-sign-any-time-soon/

Reactions: CWR

RoboQB

Reaction score
If Dallas shows any interest in Ansah after getting the Quinn deal done, it’s a clear indication they are giving up on Tank.

That will make an interesting story.

"Cowboys sign player willing to have surgery prior to free agency over a player who refused surgery
in order to use as leverage in free agency."

I kind of hope this happens.

Beaker42

Reaction score
That will make an interesting story.

"Cowboys sign player willing to have surgery prior to free agency over a player who refused surgery
in order to use as leverage in free agency."

I kind of hope this happens.
Ansah is a guy I’ve wanted since he was drafted.

conner01

Reaction score
Ansah, Quinn and a first round pick. Id parts ways with Dlaw for that.
I don’t see a 1st rnd pick for tank
He has total control
You can’t trade him till he signs tag so he really controls who you can trade him to and that team will know it

Reactions: CWR

CWR

Reaction score
I don’t see a 1st rnd pick for tank
He has total control
You can’t trade him till he signs tag so he really controls who you can trade him to and that team will know it

You're probably right. Im not trading him for less though. Hell Id consider keeping him on the franchise and bring in Ansah and Quinn. When the year is over we can settle up. We keep two out of the three. If Dlaw leaves via free agency we still get a 3rd round comp right? Not that I dont enjoy watching him play, its just another option.

rambo2

Reaction score
If Dallas shows any interest in Ansah after getting the Quinn deal done, it’s a clear indication they are giving up on Tank.
They certainly have interest and it gives them leverage. Everything changed today with Quinn coming to Dallas.

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Ansah and Quinn are both RDEs. Who's the LDE without Tank? Our options would be Crawford and Taco. It's possible.

robjay04

Reaction score

Never can have enough good pass rushers.

They weren’t good enough last year and Gregory may be missing.

conner01

Reaction score
You're probably right. Im not trading him for less though. Hell Id consider keeping him on the franchise and bring in Ansah and Quinn. When the year is over we can settle up. We keep two out of the three. If Dlaw leaves via free agency we still get a 3rd round comp right? Not that I dont enjoy watching him play, its just another option.
Here’s what worries me
He waits till the last month, signs tag and has surgery
We pay him 20 mil to recuperate because he misses the whole season

CWR

Reaction score
Here’s what worries me

Thats exactly what hes planning on doing if we dont meet his demands. It sets a bad precedent though if you cave and give him away for peanuts. If he pulls this stunt it will only serve to hurt his value next year.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Here’s what worries me

He comes back around game 12