Zimmer haters

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
DeMarcus Ware had the 2nd most sacks in Cowboy history for a rookie

yeah, Zim suffocates talent and holds them back :jerk:

neosapien23

Reaction score
Yeah but Ware did that on his own. Gotta remeber he got three sacks in 1 game. Without that performance he only had five sacks. I would still like an experienced 3-4 coordinator. I think Payton was more important to this team than Zimmer. Zimmer is good, but who called the plays? Zimmer or BP?

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
Yeah but Ware did that on his own.

well according to the braintrust on here, Zimmer players don't do squat under his tutelage

neosapien23 said:
Gotta remeber he got three sacks in 1 game.

that was a heck of a game wasn't it? but that can't be right, no player under the direction of Zimmer is supposed to have days like that

neosapien23 said:
Without that performance he only had five sacks.

ok, take away 2 games from Merriman, and he only has 6 sacks

neosapien23 said:
I would still like an experienced 3-4 coordinator.

he's experienced now

neosapien23 said:
I think Payton was more important to this team than Zimmer.

could have been the case, could not have, noone on here will know for sure

neosapien23 said:
Zimmer is good, but who called the plays? Zimmer or BP?

since Zimmer's the D-coordinator and BP told him to learn the 3-4, I'm betting that Zimmer called the plays

and that's like asking if Belichick called the plays under Parcells, or Parcells did

neosapien23

Reaction score
I'm not a Zimmer hater. With that said I think Payton should take him to New Orleans. They have a defense that has talent all over the Dline position and they run the 4-3. He will have more security in New Orleans than in Dallas if BP retires in two years. He can also have free reign over the defense with Payton being an offensive coach. BP might let Zimmer go if he asks for it.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I give Zimmer credit for controlling Steve Smith, something two playoff teams couldn't do. TNew did not cover him man-man by himself...there was lots of deep coverage, rolling coverages, and different looks, along with blitzes that caused Delhomme to miss Smith when he was running open.

Zimmer does some things right. I still say we have the worst LBs in the NFL, and trying to run the 3-4 or 4-3 with smallish untalented LBs and saftey problems in the secondary, and in other years CB problems is very difficult to do. I think Zimmer has been hamstrung by having to play it somewhat safe to keep other teams from big plays for the past few years. Give him a FS and better LB play, and I think you'll see better defense and better blitzes. Everyone wants someone other than Ware to rush the QB from time to time, but guys like Coakley, Singleton, and Fujita are not big enough or good enough to be pass rushers unless untouched...they can't even run over a RB's block.

I give Zimmer credit for doing a decent job despite having personel problems...he's done a better job than our offensive coaches have done with their shortcomings, imo.

I still don't see guys who supposedly were held back by Zimmer being stars in other defenses...if they are, who are they and where are they?

Certainly he wasn't holding back Mario Edwards, Zellner, Pittman, Ekuban, Coakley, or Noble in the past. And I don't believe guys like Shanle, Fajita, Singleton, or Keith Davis could go to other teams and be stars. This team still plays with relative bums at some positions.

I'm not saying that a defensive genius like Williams in Washington wouldn't get more out of our guys than zimmer, but how many teams have guys like that coaching their defenses? Where do we get one?

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
I think Zimmer is a decent DC. But to me he lacks creativity in his schemes. His blitz packages mainly consist of Blitzing Roy, Fujita, or the whole kitchen sink. That's very basic and 8 out of 10 times it's uneffective because teams recognize it and are prepared for it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
kojak_DD said:
I think Zimmer is a decent DC. But to me he lacks creativity in his schemes. His blitz packages mainly consist of Blitzing Roy, Fujita, or the whole kitchen sink. That's very basic and 8 out of 10 times it's uneffective because teams recognize it and are prepared for it.

He also dealt with a new system as well as several young players on the defense, and problems at FS which is a good reason to keep things basic. Despite that Dallas still ranked as a top 10 defense and in my mind no reason to think this unit will not improve.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Since I think it is fair to say that many here would admit that Little Bill has a great D in New England, and that little bill has had fellow Defensive minded coaches working for him as DC over the last few years...and in those years they have ran the 3-4.

So can anyone tell me over the last few years what the average number of sacks are for their starting OLBs combined and seperated...the average for the years.

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
Doomsday101 said:
He also dealt with a new system as well as several young players on the defense, and problems at FS which is a good reason to keep things basic. Despite that Dallas still ranked as a top 10 defense and in my mind no reason to think this unit will not improve.

I have no doubt that the players will get better with experience. But the bend not break defense doesn't bold to well with the play not to lose offensive approach that we play. Something has to give along the line at some point or we will never accomplish anything.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
kojak_DD said:
I have no doubt that the players will get better with experience. But the bend not break defense doesn't bold to well with the play not to lose offensive approach that we play. Something has to give along the line at some point or we will never accomplish anything.

I don't think Dallas played bend but don't break defense I think guys like Ware and Spears struggled at times with the NFL game and I think the lack of a FS put a big burden on the defense not to mention losing Henry for a good portion of the season.

neosapien23

Reaction score
I think Zimmer will leave with Payon if he can't get a HC job somewhere. With Payon, Zimmer will have more security and he won't have to worry about Payton contemplating retirement year after year. He would also have a defense in New Orleans that he prefers, a 4-3. New Orleans has very young and talented D Line. There is only one problem spot at one DT position. Zimmer will ask Parcells to be let go, and he will get more playcalling responsibilities with New Orleans. He will then ask Payton to trade a 4th or 5th for Glover. This is a very similar situation to Carthon who was not happy with BP's fingerprints in the offense.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
DeMarcus Ware had the 2nd most sacks in Cowboy history for a rookie

yeah, Zim suffocates talent and holds them back :jerk:

So what are you trying to say? Without Zimmer he would be No. 1?
:lmao2: