Zone coverages Dallas we'll likely see

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I think Jax will play seven in the box early because they are going to have to try and double one WR (TO/Glenn) and make appearances of doubling the other. They may also want our OL to prove themselves against their front seven.

This got me to thinking about how teams are going to scheme us assuming we get decent OL work.

I think teams are going to have trouble stopping us. If they just double one then you have Fasano and Witten working under and either Glenn or TO in single coverage.

What zone coverages are we likely to see on say first down not in the red zone and with the two TE set? Any other thoughts?

Galian Beast

Reaction score
There is no doubt that we have weapons on offense. And there is no doubt that we're going to be able to pass.

Its about getting the running game going. If we can do this, we'll probably have a top 10 offense. And Combined with our defense...

hmcorp

Reaction score
The jags only rush 4 guys usually.

Seriously. Those 4 guys dominate.

They dont need to blitz. They rarely blitz just maybe ONE LB.

THey get sakcs because the front 4 dominate more than any other front 4 in the NFL.

Get ready for it.

Dont drink the kool aid. The front 4 is a monster. We just need to find ways to attack them. Mainly their offense. Get turnovers in the their half. has to happen in order to win.

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
hmcorp said:
The jags only rush 4 guys usually.

Seriously. Those 4 guys dominate.

They dont need to blitz. They rarely blitz just maybe ONE LB.

THey get sakcs because the front 4 dominate more than any other front 4 in the NFL.

Get ready for it.

Dont drink the kool aid. The front 4 is a monster. We just need to find ways to attack them. Mainly their offense. Get turnovers in the their half. has to happen in order to win.

Jacksonville Jaguars defensive tackle Marcus Stroud, who has never missed a game in his five-year career, will likely miss the opener against the Dallas Cowboys Sunday after suffering a right ankle injury in practice Wednesday.
Stroud was on crutches Thursday with his right lower leg in a boot and seemed to be grimacing with each step.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zrinkill said:
Jacksonville Jaguars defensive tackle Marcus Stroud, who has never missed a game in his five-year career, will likely miss the opener against the Dallas Cowboys Sunday after suffering a right ankle injury in practice Wednesday.
Stroud was on crutches Thursday with his right lower leg in a boot and seemed to be grimacing with each step.

:flagwave:

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!

Give me a key injury anytime!

:)

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
hmcorp, i think zrinkill is trying to tell you something.

hmcorp

Reaction score
How many times have you watched the cowboys play a team with a key player missing....and bam it seems to make NO difference.

I know I am being negative.

Honestly stroud opens up things a bit. BUt I am still not confident we can consistently deal with the entire d.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
This is why it's difficult to compare schedule strength yada. This along with a key LB loss makes Jax front seven a bit more ordinary and should help our offense a good deal.

However, I'd still like to hear from those coaches out there. I wasn't just talking about Jax either. I'd like to hear about how you would scheme the Cowboys offense.

Cbz40

The Grand Poobah
Reaction score
jobberone said:
This is why it's difficult to compare schedule strength yada. This along with a key LB loss makes Jax front seven a bit more ordinary and should help our offense a good deal.

However, I'd still like to hear from those coaches out there. I wasn't just talking about Jax either. I'd like to hear about how you would scheme the Cowboys offense.

Bring the heat.....see if the OL can protect. Test Bledsoe's release time. Hope my opinion is welcome. ;)

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki said:
:flagwave:

THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!!!

Give me a key injury anytime!

:)

You ever heard of Karma?

I suggest you knock on wood.

Then go rip the head off a chicken and bathe in it's blood.

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
I hope we come out with a game plan that rivals what we came at Philly with. Go for the jugular. Take some shots down field. That was fun to watch.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
Cbz40 said:
Bring the heat.....see if the OL can protect. Test Bledsoe's release time. Hope my opinion is welcome. ;)

Your opinion is welsome always as you know. I think you'll get your wish about the OL pardner. :)

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
zrinkill said:

They may be making it sound worse than it is. I will only believe it when they say it right before the game.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
hmcorp said:
How many times have you watched the cowboys play a team with a key player missing....and bam it seems to make NO difference.

Honestly stroud opens up things a bit. BUt I am still not confident we can consistently deal with the entire d.
What about them dealing with our d? All we need is for our really good tackle (adams) and our other tackle to keep the ends off of Bledsoe, and our backs to keep the blitzes in check, and we win going away....

Rogerthat12

DWAREZ
Reaction score
hmcorp said:

Stroud and possibly Peterson..that is two key players regardless.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
they better keep the center blitzes and pushes from messin us up. I'm more worried about the C/G play and Bledsoes health and ability to pass.