Zone pickem league talk

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I was going to make my picks today and I looked at the leader board.

I just want to say Danny and Reality those scores that you have posted are absolutely amazing.

Its to the point where I want to know if you guys are pro's or go by some guide or something haha.

Danny is 137

Reality is 133

The highest score on yahoo out of everyone who plays this game on the internet is 137 and we just so happen to have a guy who posted that same score in our league.

I forgot to make my picks on Thanksgiving and I only would've got 2 out of the 3 right but in the big picture it wouldn't have amounted to much because of Danny and Reality.

Good luck on the next few weeks guys and I can't wait to see who finishes 1st out of you 2.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CATCH17;1215456 said:
I was going to make my picks today and I looked at the leader board.

I just want to say Danny and Reality those scores that you have posted are absolutely amazing.

Its to the point where I want to know if you guys are pro's or go by some guide or something haha.

Danny is 137

Reality is 133

The highest score on yahoo out of everyone who plays this game on the internet is 137 and we just so happen to have a guy who posted that same score in our league.

I forgot to make my picks on Thanksgiving and I only would've got 2 out of the 3 right but in the big picture it wouldn't have amounted to much because of Danny and Reality.

Good luck on the next few weeks guys and I can't wait to see who finishes 1st out of you 2.
Danny is actually further ahead of me because he's missed picking a couple games so his winning percentage is even better than the +4 picks he has on me.

Even if you miss a week or some games, you should keep picking though because at the end of the year, I plan to create another ranking that will be based on winning percentage. It will have a minimum game requirement to qualify though.

I really haven't done too well the last 2-3 weeks. There have been a lot of upsets and some games I thought would easily go one way went the other.

I'm just one bad week away from dropping quickly and there are several other people who are one great week away from zooming up to the top.

As for strategy, mine is rather simple. I don't use any "sources" ..

-Reality

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Oh, I forgot to mention that I had not updated the Monday night game. After that, Danny gained another game on me :(

-Reality

Faerluna

I'm Complicated
Reaction score
This year has been a tough year for picking a winner. There have been so many upsets and unimaginable circumstances that the phrase "Any Given Sunday" has really show itself to be true.

I had done alot of wagering last year and cleaned up pretty well, but this year the only thing I've laid money on was picking us to win the NFC East prior to the season's start.

Danny and Reality are cleaning house! :cool:

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
I've been pretty pleased with my rankings. I'm measuring myself against Woody's Girl. That's the best I can do :) I made it to the first page of the rankings a couple times this season. It's been fun. I miss 5 games on average every week. It's killing me!!!!!

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Who the heck is Danny anyways?

The guy misses picks and still puts up a 137?

Danny or Reality do you guys ever bet online or anything?

You could probably make some money.

Every week I see a game and I wish I had the guts to bet on it.

I saw one week where Denver was hot and they were underdogs to Pitt and beat Pitt.

I remember another game where New Orleans was favored over the Bengals.

Thats just easy money if you ask me.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CATCH17;1215492 said:
Who the heck is Danny anyways?

The guy misses picks and still puts up a 137?

Danny or Reality do you guys ever bet online or anything?

You could probably make some money.

Every week I see a game and I wish I had the guts to bet on it.

I saw one week where Denver was hot and they were underdogs to Pitt and beat Pitt.

I remember another game where New Orleans was favored over the Bengals.

Thats just easy money if you ask me.
I don't bet at all on anything.

Picking head-to-head winners is really not that hard. With 32 teams playing 16 games, just about everyone should be at least at .500 or better once a few weeks of games have been played.

With gambling, you have to take into consideration point-spreads and I am really horrible at that.

-Reality

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sportsbabe;1215491 said:
I've been pretty pleased with my rankings. I'm measuring myself against Woody's Girl. That's the best I can do :) I made it to the first page of the rankings a couple times this season. It's been fun. I miss 5 games on average every week. It's killing me!!!!!
That's what I've been doing too!! :laugh2:

I've been tracking the ladies and trying to get back on the first page.

I was on the first page and then one week it seemed I lost all but 3 games. Killed my ranking.

But it's fun tho. I even got my "friend" helping me...or at least trying to. We have good debates about who to pick.

superpunk

Reaction score
Reality;1215524 said:
I don't bet at all on anything.

Picking head-to-head winners is really not that hard. With 32 teams playing 16 games, just about everyone should be at least at .500 or better once a few weeks of games have been played.

With gambling, you have to take into consideration point-spreads and I am really horrible at that.

-Reality

I've been getting my clock cleaned. Just horrible, horrible upsets. Arizona and Pittsburgh losing to Oakland, Houston's ownership of Jacksonville, the Boys losing to washington - all have killed me this year. Spread-betting has become nearly impossible, at least for me.

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
superpunk;1215534 said:
I've been getting my clock cleaned. Just horrible, horrible upsets. Arizona and Pittsburgh losing to Oakland, Houston's ownership of Jacksonville, the Boys losing to washington - all have killed me this year. Spread-betting has become nearly impossible, at least for me.
That's what has been hurting me lately. I've deviated some from my normal tactics in an attempt to catch up to Danny and keep getting burned. For example .. Looking at teams that play well 2 weeks in a row (who I picked against during that period) like Green Bay and then when I pick them, they play really bad and get beat.

-Reality

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I told myself last week if I had any guts i'd take the Titans over the Colts. Sure enough the Titans won.

Im telling myself this week if I had any guts i'd take the Rams over the Bears.

Its at St. Louis and with the way Rex has been playing they are just asking to get beat.

But once again I dont think im going to have the guts.

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Reality;1215556 said:
That's what has been hurting me lately. I've deviated some from my normal tactics in an attempt to catch up to Danny and keep getting burned. For example .. Looking at teams that play well 2 weeks in a row (who I picked against during that period) like Green Bay and then when I pick them, they play really bad and get beat.

-Reality

I still think you cheat ;)

WoodysGirl

U.N.I.T.Y
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CATCH17;1215621 said:
I told myself last week if I had any guts i'd take the Titans over the Colts. Sure enough the Titans won.

Im telling myself this week if I had any guts i'd take the Rams over the Bears.

Its at St. Louis and with the way Rex has been playing they are just asking to get beat.

But once again I dont think im going to have the guts.
For me, the hardest games to pick are with AZ, SF, Bills, and the Jets. You just never know which of those teams is going to show up.

Coy

Reaction score
Hey catch17, give some props to me man, I am currently 3rd with 128, not so far behind, hahahaha.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Coy;1215649 said:
Hey catch17, give some props to me man, I am currently 3rd with 128, not so far behind, hahahaha.

Props to you too man.

Anyone who is in the mid to high 120's is doing amazing and would be leading in almost every pickem league out there.

We just so happen to have 2 guys that have put up freakishly high scores.

128 is amazing too though.

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
I'm #8, but I'm starting to pick some crazy upsets now, to hopefully catch up. :)

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeagermeister;1215634 said:
I still think you cheat ;)
Yeah, I have all the head caoches phone numbers .. I call them the during warmups before the games and ask them what their chances are :)

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
The last few weeks have been killing me. On the other hand, it appears they have been killing MOST of you guys too. I've crested the top ten around six times now, but can't manage to stay there for any length of time. I was hoping to keep my % over .700, but only managed to do so for like two weeks. It's been a tough season to call...albeit still fun though.

Bull Frog

Reaction score
I noticed the rankings have not updated the last 2 or 3 weeks. Any reason?