Zoners: Can this WR help us?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Louisville WR Urrutia to enter Draft
Posted: Friday December 14, 2007 1:57PM; Updated: Friday December 14, 2007 1:57PM

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) -- Louisville wide receiver Mario Urrutia will bypass his senior season and enter the NFL Draft.

The 6-foot-6, 220-pound Urrutia had 35 receptions for 501 yards and three touchdowns during an injury-marred season in 2007. Urrutia played in 34 career games for the Cardinals, catching 130 passes for 2,271 yards and 16 touchdowns.

"It's by far the toughest decision I've ever made," Urrutia said. "Unfortunately, with missing time this season and playing injured I got to see football from a different perspective. You only have so much time to play this sport, and the 2008 draft is my opportunity."

Urrutia hoped to capitalize on a breakout 2006 season -- when he caught 58 passes for 973 yards and six touchdowns -- last year, but was troubled by a nagging leg injury that forced him to miss two games and limited him in others.

Coach Steve Kragthorpe said he was "disappointed" in Urrutia's decision, adding he thought Urrutia would have benefited from returning for his senior year.

Copyright 2007 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published,

QT

Reaction score
He might be injury prone in the NFL also, but look what Antonio Counting Crows has done with San Diego. He didn't play a full year in college either...

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Maybe this is why he's leaving?

The Louisville coaching staff removed Mario Urrutia from the game after multiple unsportsmanlike penalties. The home crowd booed Urrutia every time he caught the ball.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Big Dakota;1832869 said:
Maybe this is why he's leaving?

The Louisville coaching staff removed Mario Urrutia from the game after multiple unsportsmanlike penalties. The home crowd booed Urrutia every time he caught the ball.

wow.....did not know about tht. I don't like to hear that kind of stuff......maybe we should pass on this look see.:bang2: