ZONERS: Coach Phillips scheme must be defective

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Why?

SPEARS on my 60 inch tv DID NOT do a DAG GUM Thing!

He told all of us who would listen that last year the passive scheme held him back BUT this year look out!

Am I missing something Zoners?

What did Mr. Spears do last night?

Hold Bobby Carpenters hand? Because I did not see him either! :bang2:

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1635099 said:
come on people it was the first game

OK--however, he has played more then one game!

Please consider that........:bang2:

Cowboys22

Reaction score
You are missing the fact that they did not employ the true attacking D Wade would like due to Newman being out. They played soft in the secondary and tried to give help to both corners. Then they lost Fergy early and that didn't help. I'm not saying it will get alot better but if you want proof just take a look at the 2005 vs 2006 Commanders D. They were smoothering in 2005 but in 2006 without Springs, they had to play much like we did last night and they sucked!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Cowboys22;1635112 said:
You are missing the fact that they did not employ the true attacking D Wade would like due to Newman being out. They played soft in the secondary and tried to give help to both corners. Then they lost Fergy early and that didn't help. I'm not saying it will get alot better but if you want proof just take a look at the 2005 vs 2006 Commanders D. They were smoothering in 2005 but in 2006 without Springs, they had to play much like we did last night and they sucked!

I sure hope you are right.......ok,

I will be patient another week, heck, what is another week after waiting on this Defense for the past 3 years to come around. :D

Jenky

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1635096 said:
Why?

SPEARS on my 60 inch tv DID NOT do a DAG GUM Thing!

He told all of us who would listen that last year the passive scheme held him back BUT this year look out!

Am I missing something Zoners?

What did Mr. Spears do last night?

Hold Bobby Carpenters hand? Because I did not see him either! :bang2:

Seriously, the only thing I see Spears do is celebrate. Celebrate when he did nothing and SOMEONE else registered the sack. Sure its nice motivation, but damnit man do SOMETHING!!!!!!!:bang2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1635137 said:
I sure hope you are right.......ok,

I will be patient another week, heck, what is another week after waiting on this Defense for the past 3 years to come around. :D

What other choice do you have? Phillips has had ample success with defenses and I do think he will find a way to get the most out of this bunch. 1game is not the season.