Zoners: Do you believe our DC watched the Beagles?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners,

I sure hope our DC watched the Vikes Blitz Vick and make him throw quick reads last night--that is the way to slow him down.

Hit him......make Vick read the D fast and hit him again.:starspin

Coach P--Please DO NOT send 3 pass rushers at Mr. Vick or he will eat our lunch!:bang2:

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;3768815 said:
Zoners,

I sure hope our DC watched the Vikes Blitz Vick and make him throw quick reads last night--that is the way to slow him down.

Coach P--Please DO NOT send 3 pass rushers at Mr. Vick or he will eat our lunch!:bang2:

I think the Eagles have already said they won't be starting their normal starters. Doubt Vick plays, he was banged up and limping at the end of the game as well.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
SteveOS;3768820 said:
I think the Eagles have already said they won't be starting their normal starters. Doubt Vick plays, he was banged up and limping at the end of the game as well.

Yes, I just read that.....you are correct.

I still hope we rush more then 3 on critical 3rd downs

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Zoners,

I have no problem with throwing blitzes as Vick but when you do you better get to him as the Vikes did. Watching what Minn did means little if you can't match the same pressure they showed last night

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
Every team that plays them should blitz them into submission. One, they've pretty much proven they cant pick up the blitz. Two, their best plays are long passes downfield, if you blitz them odds are they dont have the time to let those long routes develop. And guys like Macklin and Jackson are not much of a threat to run short routes over the middle (ie, slants) because both are so slight and afraid of contact.

Vick can only escape so much during a course of a game, he gets worn out too and clearly was worn out last night. The hits also take a huge toll on him because he isnt very big.

Venger

Reaction score
Said it during the last Cowboys Eagles game chat - once we got to Vick, he played skittish the rest of the night. You slobberknock that guy and he's a different player. Not sure what the Eagles will have to play for come kickoff, but priorty one in that game is - hit Vick early and often.

Big D

Reaction score
That is how you should play EVERY qb. In this league if you give any qb time he will kill you. I hear Rodney Harrison say it all the time about it being the way to stop Tom Bradyand the pats but it's easier said than done.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
dbair1967;3768934 said:
Every team that plays them should blitz them into submission. One, they've pretty much proven they cant pick up the blitz. Two, their best plays are long passes downfield, if you blitz them odds are they dont have the time to let those long routes develop. And guys like Macklin and Jackson are not much of a threat to run short routes over the middle (ie, slants) because both are so slight and afraid of contact.

Vick can only escape so much during a course of a game, he gets worn out too and clearly was worn out last night. The hits also take a huge toll on him because he isnt very big.

True but that means Jenkins can't be running around like a dog chasing a car. I'm all for Blitzing but 1 you got to get there and this season we haven’t been and 2 your CB better be in the proper position to be able to knock the pass away and we have not been doing that which is why we are the second worse team in allowing plays of 40 yards or more.

newlander

Reaction score
Point and thread is moot as the china doll AKA: vick the dog whisperer won't be playing. Kolb will probably pick us apart. Who cares at this point. If we win we lose a few draft slots: worth it? Not really.....I'm usually not like that guys: I LOVE to win and crave it. But this team can only get better with young talent and we won't improve by beating a philly team with it's backups playing and losing draft slots over detroit, Arizona,buffalo, etc...

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
I think the Vikes watched OUR game and used it to know how to play Vick. We contained him for most of our first game. Save for the big plays to design Jackson we allowed, Vick didn't do much against us.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
I'd love to see 11 man blitzes:) But, that would be too obvious. Make it a 10 man blitz with sure-tackling Ball back deep. Go for it!

LOSE this game. I want that high draft pick. I will be so disappointed with a Cowboy win. If this Cowboy team cannot manage to lose the finale and screws up the high draft pick, it will go down as the absolute worst ever Cowboy team.

TD-33

Benched
Reaction score
The Vikings have what the Cowboys have been lacking. They have dominant D-linemen in the Williams' and this is huge pressuring a quarterback because he can't step up. They push the middle and also of course have guys on the ends who can take advantage. Dallas does great when the QB can't step up because DWare will get him.
Dallas sometimes gets good penetration but they need to drive the line back into the QB and Igor sucks at that apparently.

hornitosmonster

Reaction score
1. Vick will not play
2. If Vick did play we do not have corners who can make open field tackles. We also do not have safeties that can make open field tackles.

CoCo

Reaction score
Zoners,

I don't think our coaches ever watch film of other teams. :rolleyes:

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
hornitosmonster;3769437 said:
1. Vick will not play
2. If Vick did play we do not have corners who can make open field tackles. We also do not have safeties that can make open field tackles.

Bingo on #2.This is often overlooked when discussing the problems on defense. We must have the worst tackling secondary in the entire league. Poor angles, they don't properly break down in the open field, weak arm tackles...you name it. The Giants, for example, have killed us in recent years running simple hitch or curl routes, breaking a tackle and they're off to the races.