Zoners: Exactly why we are in this mess!

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners: BAD DRAFTING has caught up with us......Mosley does not mention any of our PICKS......although he should mention our KICKER:)

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/4525/rookie-surprise-giants-cb-bruce-johnson

Rookie surprise: Giants CB Bruce Johnson

October 7, 2009 12:00 PM

NFC Rookie Surprise: East | West | North | South AFC: East | West | North | South

Posted by ESPN.com's Matt Mosley

AP Photo/Jeff Roberson
Bruce Johnson returned his only interception of the season 34 yards for a touchdown.
Former Miami Hurricanes cornerback Bruce Johnson had to endure the frustration of not being drafted after once being projected as an early- to mid-round prospect. He didn't wow anyone at the combine and he was barely a top-30 corner heading into the draft.

But when I arrived in Albany, N.Y., in August, Johnson was constantly making plays in training camp. You could tell right away that he was better than sixth-round draft choice DeAndre Wright -- and Tom Coughlin found a spot on the 53-man roster for him. With Kevin Dockery slowed by a hamstring injury, Johnson became the nickel corner to start the season. He had a forced fumble in his first regular-season game against the Commanders and he followed that up with a pick-six against the Cowboys the following week.

On the interception against the Cowboys, he lured Tony Romo into thinking he was in one-on-one coverage with Roy Williams and then he bailed out at the last second and jumped underneath an out route that Patrick Crayton was running. It was a veteran move by an undrafted rookie -- and he raced to the end zone for a 34-yard touchdown to give the Giants a 10-7 lead in the first quarter.

The Eagles have a fifth-round draft pick named Victor "Macho" Harris who's already cracked the starting lineup at free safety, but I think Johnson had made the bigger impact early in the season. Dockery has returned to the lineup, but I don't think he'll be able to hold off Johnson for long. Johnson's just a very heady player who Coughlin already has a lot of faith in.
Rookie Watch
Scouts Inc. is keeping a weekly watch on the league’s top rookies.
Rookie Watch

The only thing I've seen him do wrong is get confused on a route the Chiefs ran near the Giants' goal line. On that play, Michael Boley raced back and broke up the pass. Johnson already has eight tackles, three pass deflections, a forced fumble and an interception. I don't think this is beginner's luck.

joseephuss

Reaction score
If bad drafting is the problem then why share a story of a guy who was not drafted by all 32 teams. A guy that then beat out a 6th round draft pick for the Giants. Seems like the Giants did not draft well if a UDFA is beating out their 6th round guy. Plus I think Dallas did draft well at the CB position.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
common denominator
n.

A commonly shared theme or trait.

34439099.jpg

ShiningStar

Reaction score
God now Dallas cant draft. Doesnt have 1 good player on the team, cant get turn overs, cant get sacks, cant get wins, cant draft well.

What tell me what this team can do?

Cancel the season, Cowboy Zone is not happy with their ideal expectations not being met. Its a lost season guys, no one, I mean no one can turn this team around.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
The only draft that was bad was the one in which Parcells took Carpenter and I think Fasano in the same draft. Thanks Tuna.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CrazyCowboy;2998842 said:
Zoners: BAD DRAFTING has caught up with us.
I read that multiple times and I still don't get how it has anything at all to do with the Cowboys success or failure in drafting.

Some team hit on a UDFA. It happens every year. Big deal.