Zoners Gurus! What position does Larry Lacewell have on Cowboys staff?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Ok for cowboys guru, in the green bay game, up in the press box, I saw Larry Lacewell standing behind Jerry Jones. (Most of you know how with the drafts ran by Lacewell & Jerry Jones our team went downhill in those drafts in early 2000s).

I think one of the things that must be changed is some of the front office thinking towards drafting. Get back to Tom Ciwowski our head scout, and our scouts, not mainly our coaches, or jerry jones or larry lacewell doing the drafting.

We suffered to some of this for the 2009 draft, with stephen and jerry saying the cowboys were trading down and getting mulitple picks in the draft.

We must count on our scouts most of the time for the draft, not someone else. At same time, our scouts that have been scouting offensive linemen in the draft, like james marten, or robert brewster, those scouts or whoever called the shots on drafting them must be made accountable.

Just like jerry jones and jason said, we must concentrate on winning and giving it our all and be accountable. That goes back to management too, so Jerry Jones if Larry Lacewell is on count of some of our draft, and signing some free agents on waiver wire, that must be looked at too and those persons made accountable too.

HoleInTheRoof

Benched
Reaction score
From what I understand, he has no association with the team directly. He does moderate a Cowboys forum, however. He posts under the name WoodysGirl.

Who gone check him, boo?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
HoleInTheRoof;3687806 said:
From what I understand, he has no association with the team directly. He does moderate a Cowboys forum, however. He posts under the name WoodysGirl.

Who gone check him, boo?

He's not a mod. He's the owner. :muttley:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
I saw Emmitt Smith and George Bush there at times too ...... what position do they hold?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
zrinkill;3687833 said:
I saw Emmitt Smith and George Bush there at times too ...... what position do they hold?

Emmitt is obviously the dance and speech coordinator :laugh1:

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I will now have nightmares tonight. Thank you.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
zrinkill;3687833 said:
Obviously speech coaches.

(nod to Yeag)

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
He has an office at VR but is not on the staff. He and Jerry are still friends.

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Hostile;3687883 said:
He has an office at VR but is not on the staff. He and Jerry are still friends.

whew, i can breathe then, i cant stand lacewell! :)

what is his office duties then hostile?

CoCo

Reaction score
Cue the Larry Lacewell hand-wringing yet again. :rolleyes:

Randy White

Reaction score
want to see me angry, don't you ?

incredible_hulk.jpg

" Mr McGee, don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry ".

Tex

Reaction score
He is one of Jerry's old and trusted Buddy's. Think about being a millionaire and keeping a favorite drinking buddy on the payroll down the hall.

I always understood he was on the payroll with that general title of "consultant".

Meaning he and Jerry could go grab a beer and talk about general Cowboys "crap" but he is not a scout and has little input into the draft or anything else.

Tex

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Tex;3688704 said:
Meaning he and Jerry could go grab a beer and talk about general Cowboys "crap" but he is not a scout and has little input into the draft or anything else.

Tex

He may not be in the war room but your on the dirty pipe if you don't think Jerry consults and uses his advice when drafting.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Tex;3688704 said:
He is one of Jerry's old and trusted Buddy's. Think about being a millionaire and keeping a favorite drinking buddy on the payroll down the hall.

I always understood he was on the payroll with that general title of "consultant".

Tex
Correct, but I don't think he's on the payroll except tickets and an office.

burmafrd

Reaction score
BP was able to eject him from the draft process and from all accounts he has never been able to wiggle back in.

dbair1967

Arch Defender
Reaction score
cowboyjoe;3687776 said:
Ok for cowboys guru, in the green bay game, up in the press box, I saw Larry Lacewell standing behind Jerry Jones. (Most of you know how with the drafts ran by Lacewell & Jerry Jones our team went downhill in those drafts in early 2000s).

I think one of the things that must be changed is some of the front office thinking towards drafting. Get back to Tom Ciwowski our head scout, and our scouts, not mainly our coaches, or jerry jones or larry lacewell doing the drafting.

We suffered to some of this for the 2009 draft, with stephen and jerry saying the cowboys were trading down and getting mulitple picks in the draft.

We must count on our scouts most of the time for the draft, not someone else. At same time, our scouts that have been scouting offensive linemen in the draft, like james marten, or robert brewster, those scouts or whoever called the shots on drafting them must be made accountable.

Just like jerry jones and jason said, we must concentrate on winning and giving it our all and be accountable. That goes back to management too, so Jerry Jones if Larry Lacewell is on count of some of our draft, and signing some free agents on waiver wire, that must be looked at too and those persons made accountable too.

You come up with some of the most outlandish stuff