Zoners: No Blitz... No problem... Giants coming

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners:

I really believe that Wade wanted to keep his blitz packages hidden until we play the giants next weekend.

It seemed to me that our front four got pretty good pressure, however, next week we will have to bring the blitz heat for Manning.

Wade did not want to show his hand today feeling we could beat Tampa with a standard rush packages.

Also, it seemed that D ware just gutted it out for the team.......that first play stinger was bothering #94.

Man, my hat is off to Spears......he consistantly played a all round good game today.

What do you guys think?:starspin

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I doubt it. The defense played terrible. No run defense, 3rd down conversion was awful. Got some pressure but couldn't bring down Leftwich. If they play this way next week, Giants will roll.

Bluestang

Reaction score
I thought so too...the MLB's only blitzed when the RB/TE stayed in to block. No reason to pull out all the stops in the first week...not to mention this gets actual good game footage for the players/coaches to build on their fundamentals.

tunahelper

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2938097 said:
Zoners:

I really believe that Wade wanted to keep his blitz packages hidden until we play the giants next weekend.

It seemed to me that our front four got pretty good pressure, however, next week we will have to bring the blitz heat for Manning.

Wade did not want to show his hand today feeling we could beat Tampa with a standard rush packages.

Also, it seemed that D ware just gutted it out for the team.......that first play stinger was bothering #94.

Man, my hat is off to Spears......he consistantly played a all round good game today.

What do you guys think?:starspin

I am with you CC about Spears. He shed blocks and made plays in the running game and busted up Leftsandwich on several pass plays. I especially love the the body shot to Lefty in the 2nd half.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
What I seen was Spencer bringing a lot of pressure, but being a step too late. I also seen Ware being handled pretty much one on one, for a big portion of the game. Pretty frustrating day for the D. Offense played well.