Zoners NO MORE TALKING ABOUT?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Big Bill's coaching job!

"Bill is unbelievable," Romo said. "He had a plan for today. It's hard to explain, but the game turned out exactly that way. You guys [the media] should never question how good he is."
:bow:

(took from another article from this board)

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1175009 said:
Big Bill's coaching job!

Until or unless we have another loss? :laugh2: They love you today and cast stones at you tomorrow in this league.

baj1dallas

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1175009 said:
Big Bill's coaching job!

I certainly thought it was one of his best days calling plays. Only thing I'd do different is call play action on first down a couple times. And the defense did a good job moving Ware around too.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
baj1dallas;1175015 said:
I certainly thought it was one of his best days calling plays. Only thing I'd do different is call play action on first down a couple times. And the defense did a good job moving Ware around too.

I agree, as I told my friends that same thing last night. But, I believe we are all wrong because, Big Bill called run......so I will admit I was wrong!

What a great game! I am proud to be a Cowboys fan again.....not that I was ever ashamed but, I feel like the 70's and 90's again!

Hey, how many penalities did we have last night? Have not seen any stats yet, however, it felt like we did not have many--and I believe the few penalties we had was the KEY to the WIN!:starspin

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;1175014 said:
Until or unless we have another loss? :laugh2: They love you today and cast stones at you tomorrow in this league.

:bow: Short, sweet but to the point, agree 100%

Doomsday101

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;1175021 said:
:bow: Short, sweet but to the point, agree 100%

I tend not to do that to coaches. I relize Bill knows what he is doing but that does not mean things always work out as planned and when they don't you get second guessed just part of the job they deal with. I think Dallas is lucky to have a coach like Parcells running things.

Natedawg44

Reaction score
He still needs to get to the playoffs and have a win, because what have we really accomplished if he doesn't. Yesterday was results. I'm tired of hearing about youth, talent and potential, again I want tangible results and that's what we got yesterday.

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
i'm guilty myself complaing about Tuna as a gameday coach (that 2 pt thing vs Wash was a first guess bad move) but it's amazing what a COMPETENT QB does for a great coach. With Romo he can actually COACH a game with reasonable expectation of a good outcome. Call things like the Fasano play, or the back-to-back throws to Terry when it was all tied going for the kill.

At this point it's still a shame Romo didn't start the season, but maybe in Dec/January it will be irrelevant? 6 games to play here and its been over a decade since late Nov/Dec had as much hope and promise.

gbrittain

Reaction score
Dallas has had several major issues in the past no particular order:

1. Bad QB play...that is taken care of.

2. Bad OL play...kind of goes with #1, although they are not world beaters they do not look like the dunces they once did now that they do not have accept mission impossible and protect Bledsoe.

3. Average pass rush...Not sure if it is fixed by any stretch, but it looked good yesterday. We are capable, just not always good at it.

4. Consistency...The big win over the Colts will mean nothing if we go out and lay an egg against Tampa. You better believe if Dallas loses BP and the coaching staff will take some heat next week.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1175019 said:
Hey, how many penalities did we have last night? Have not seen any stats yet, however, it felt like we did not have many--and I believe the few penalties we had was the KEY to the WIN!:starspin

Penalties 5-35 7-53

Wow....seven and I am bragging about it......that means we really had Penalty problems......wow!

jgboys1

Reaction score
If the Cowboys loose Thusday, I say bring back Campo! J/K:laugh2:

BigD_95

Reaction score
Bill has always been a great coach. We just never had a good QB until now. Look how good we have been since Romo took over and played well.

Even when Bledsoe was in there you could see all the missed plays that were good calls but Bledsoe blew it.