Zoners: Playmakers are ???????

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners:

I have slowly noticed something that is a very good thing for our DEFENSE at the CB position:starspin

Jenkins is our #1 playmaker ......and what I mean is making plays on the football and coming out of his breaks.......and he is over not making tackles and hitting hard (ref last yr Balt game) the kid is our #1 cb.

Scandrick is slowly moving into our #2 playmaker......did you see his leaping catch? He is a good tackler and many people (coaches) believe he is the most talented.

Newman, (Pro Bowler) is starting to work his way into our #3 cb slot......he gets beat more often then not......breaks late on the WR and ball.....needs help to tackle most of the time (he did have one great hit today)......I am not saying this in a bad way......it is just a FACT! Zoners this is a good thing.....Newman our 3rd BEST cb on the team!

GO COWBOYS!

RS12

Reaction score
Ware is the top play maker on defense, always has been.

Temo

Reaction score
While I agree Newman has been off a ton this year, lets not go around making rash predicitions like Newman is now the #3 CB off just one game.

CaptainMorgan

Reaction score
All I know is this is an entirely different secondary with Sensabaugh playing.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
New man has been working his way to the #3 spot all season. Good post OP.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Le'ts don't go overboard. There's a difference between guarding Jenkins and Roddy White. Newman held Roddy White down today. He's still our #1. I can't stress this enough. Corners get beat. Why do people fail to realize that? Newman has played better than both. I guess all it takes is one game to forget how bad Scandrick and Jenkins have looked this year at times. Solid today. Solid against the Chiefs. But let's hold off a bit.

Reaction score
rocyaice;3035703 said:
Le'ts don't go overboard. There's a difference between guarding Jenkins and Roddy White. Newman held Roddy White down today. He's still our #1. I can't stress this enough. Corners get beat. Why do people fail to realize that?

because 99% of zoners have never played football other than in recess on this board. they do not know the type of athlete it takes to be one. I know- I played in college. Toughest position to play besides QB.