Zoners, question, with Spears quicker, use him at FB in goaline sit.?

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
ok, this maybe silly, but i remember that parcells had tried spears at TE, or fb in some situations at the goalline. So, in big 3rd down runs like 3rd and inches or at goalline, would marcus spears now being leaner, quicker, and since spears played TE at high school. How about trying him at goalline FB etc?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I'm sure he can get in the way. Can he block someone and more importantly know who and which way to block him?

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
That is a pretty good idea!

Give Anderson the boot and use that roster spot for the second kicker.

Dawgs0916

Will the Thrill
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;2865812 said:
I'd rather him work on being a DE.

Pretty sure working into the goaline packages on offense wouldn't detract from that...

But, he certainly leaves a lot to be desired on defense in my eyes anyway.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
the way Cricket's been hitting folks, I think we may be OK at FB

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
true, but gimmicks work, look at the wildcat formation last year used by the dolpins, it worked and surprised teams;

so basically i was looking to see if the cowboys had a player like the Refrigerator Perry that played for the Bears, that gimmick worked

the shotgun formation gimmick used by Landry in 75 worked

in other words, im looking for a play that can help identify this team, whether it be a big huge FB or a version of wildcat, or a nasty defense like the bears had with the 46 defense, to help put a idenity to this team;

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2866548 said:
true, but gimmicks work, look at the wildcat formation last year used by the dolpins, it worked and surprised teams;

so basically i was looking to see if the cowboys had a player like the Refrigerator Perry that played for the Bears, that gimmick worked

in other words, im looking for a play that can help identify this team, whether it be a big huge FB or a version of wildcat, or a nasty defense like the bears had with the 46 defense, to help put a idenity to this team;

Gimmicks work for a few weeks until teams get enough tape on how a team is using them. The wildcat was shut down after a couple of weeks last year.

The only gimmick play I care for is the flea flicker.

EPL0c0

The Funcooker
Reaction score
Dawgs0916;2866175 said:
You never told me how Buckram is doing lol
LOL sorry about htat, i read the post as I was leaving yesterday. From what I've heard he's doing good. Should be splitting carries w/ a couple of guys (Vernon Frazier (Duncanville HS) and Jason Williams (tyler, Lee HS).

I think the run game may be the weak link in the offense, but w/ Mike Price, it's apass happy offense anyway.

How's Eddie Britton doing up there at Tech? He's a guy I'd wished would have stayed here...he's looked pretty good

AbeBeta

Reaction score
cowboyjoe;2866548 said:

I'd say throughout the history of the league, gimmicks that involve skill players tend to work a hell of a lot better then those involving fat *****