Zoners: Straight up talk...

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Zoners:

#1. I am done pulling for Barbie Carpenter.....he is a 4-3 guy vs 3-4 and it is officially a wasted pick (thanks Bill)....Brookings must play Nickel until Jason Williams is worked into the schemes.

#2. Olgletree must get some reps.......I just don't see a consistant down field threat.....ROMO needs a player he can trust and if this kid really has legit 4.3 speed, then we need to see it soon in the games.

#3. Victor Butler gave me hope last night for the D pass rush......he could be just what the Doctor Ordered to replace Ellis! Wow.....he is FAST around the end.....this could help Ware and Rat

#4. Cut out so many FLAGS......enough said.

I did like the 2nd half........Go Cowboys!

NoLuv4Jerry

Reaction score
we should have NEVER passed on DeSean Jackson.....period. Even if we thought he was small...his presence would change the way we are being defended. All of our WRs are the same guy. And to think we fought hard to retain Miles Austin this offseason, we barely play him. How can we assess his value past this year if we do not play him? Having said all of that, I think we were being careful last night. Anytime we go 4 wide we can do what you saw with the slant we ran to Roy. I think because of all the turnovers we were playing it safe. New England pretty much runs 3 or 4 wide the whole game, but Dallas is trying to restore Romos confidence.

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
bbailey423;2977593 said:
we should have NEVER passed on DeSean Jackson.....period. Even if we thought he was small...his presence would change the way we are being defended. All of our WRs are the same guy. And to think we fought hard to retain Miles Austin this offseason, we barely play him. How can we assess his value past this year if we do not play him? Having said all of that, I think we were being careful last night. Anytime we go 4 wide we can do what you saw with the slant we ran to Roy. I think because of all the turnovers we were playing it safe. New England pretty much runs 3 or 4 wide the whole game, but Dallas is trying to restore Romos confidence.

I really believe Ogletree has a "it" factor about him.....he is smooth and fast with most importantly he displays a ton of confidence. :star:

yentl911

Reaction score
I agree about Carp. He was terrible again last night. He missed the tackle on the 3 and 16 conversion.....unreal when the other team can convert that yardage on 3rd down with a running play. He was terrible in coverage also. Total waste.

Dat Dude

Benched
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2977599 said:
I really believe Ogletree has a "it" factor about him.....he is smooth and fast with most importantly he displays a ton of confidence. :star:

Guys with the "It" factor are drafted. Live in the now.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
I got a little tired seeing the back of 21 on D last night.

And can we at least give Ware number 54.
That other stiff out there with it on is a disgrace to the Cowboys.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;2977587 said:
Zoners:

#1. I am done pulling for Barbie Carpenter.....he is a 4-3 guy vs 3-4 and it is officially a wasted pick (thanks Bill)....Brookings must play Nickel until Jason Williams is worked into the schemes.

#2. Olgletree must get some reps.......I just don't see a consistant down field threat.....ROMO needs a player he can trust and if this kid really has legit 4.3 speed, then we need to see it soon in the games.

#3. Victor Butler gave me hope last night for the D pass rush......he could be just what the Doctor Ordered to replace Ellis! Wow.....he is FAST around the end.....this could help Ware and Rat

I did like the 2nd half........Go Cowboys!

1 & 3 sounds like me.

Sincerely,

Jesse Jackson

Woods

Reaction score
I wonder if J Williams will be ready to replace Carp later this season?

JW seemed to be getting the hang of things before he injured his ankle.

kmd24

Reaction score
At one point, I said on this board that Carpenter could probably start as a weakside linebacker in someone's 4-3.

I was wrong.

If the missed tackle on DeAngelo Williams on 3rd and 16 wasn't enough, watching him get dragged along like a rag doll on Johnathan Stewart's reception on Carolina's last drive was just embarrassing.

I can't wait for Jason Williams to make Carpenter expendable.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
kmd24;2977698 said:
At one point, I said on this board that Carpenter could probably start as a weakside linebacker in someone's 4-3.

I was wrong.

If the missed tackle on DeAngelo Williams on 3rd and 16 wasn't enough, watching him get dragged along like a rag doll on Johnathan Stewart's reception on Carolina's last drive was just embarrassing.

I can't wait for Jason Williams to make Carpenter expendable.
Hrmmm...I said it was a good play b/c it looked like he was trying to keep him in bounds. Have to see it again I guess.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Desean Jackson is a playmaker= he is also a headache. WHich is typical of WRs today so no big. BUT I still say the guy is not likely to have a long career- he takes hits and it will add up.

newlander

Reaction score
Good post Crazy. Barbie's days as an overpaid cheerleader are almost over. JWill and/or Butler will take his time in the next few games. God he's unwatchable. He's just not a football player: 4-3 or 3-4 doesn't matter: he just sucks. I think Ogletree will get some time coming up: maybe this sunday. Austin and Hurd are INVISIBLE. Here's hoping..........

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Zoners:

#1. I am done pulling for Barbie Carpenter.....he is a 4-3 guy vs 3-4 and it is officially a wasted pick (thanks Bill)....Brookings must play Nickel until Jason Williams is worked into the schemes.!
totally agree, barbie carpenter is a barbie doll player; look for him to sign with the dolphins next year. Also like you mentioned look for Jason Williams to start filling in about the 10th or 12th game. I think jason williams has more potential than thomas henderson and that is saying something.

#2. Olgletree must get some reps.......I just don't see a consistant down field threat.....ROMO needs a player he can trust and if this kid really has legit 4.3 speed, then we need to see it soon in the games.!
totally agree, austin looked lost last night; you do need a speed player to stretch the field, again this is on wade and jason garrett to see that and use ogletree

#3.
# Victor Butler gave me hope last night for the D pass rush......he could be just what the Doctor Ordered to replace Ellis! Wow.....he is FAST around the end.....this could help Ware and Rat!
Dont get overhyped on victor butler, he will do good but all rookies hit a wall and have to learn, keep an eye out for curtis johnson, but we do need to have a player that spencer knows is breathing down his throat

I did like the 2nd half........Go Cowboys![/QUOTE] Me too! lot more intensity and heart to me played at opening of 2nd half! Evidently whatever witten, romo and a dallas defender said in the locker room helped!

dcdallaschick

Reaction score
You can't have it both ways. With as much pressure as Carolina was getting, I'd so much rather have Romo take what the defense gives him short rather than pushing something down the field out of some perceived need to do something flashy. Then it would just be another week of "reckless Romo sucks" conversation, and that's just stupid. I don't think any amount of WR "it factor" would have made a large difference in the outcome of this one.

If this season turns out to be all about running backs and tight ends, I'm just as happy. I think it's the best, most explosive part of their game--and really fun to watch so far. If they occasionally give us a game like Tampa with a few long strikes, it's gravy--and in that case, I don't think it matters too much who's out there at WR.

Oh yeah--and ditto on the Barbie/Jenkins stuff. They spend a lot of time on my TV screen for all the wrong reasons.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
bbailey423;2977593 said:
Whenever you have an opportunity to get speed and explosiveness on your team, you find a way to get, end of question.

I know we like to talk big about a guys 40 time not being important, but when everone's the same speed, and all of a sudden you get someone who is 2 notches above everyone else, it jumps out at you, case in point, Felix JOnes.