ZONERS: The "D" will improve on Sun--why?

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
Burnett to see more action: Phillips expects linebacker Kevin Burnett to play more against Miami. Burnett went through only two full practices before the season opener after having bone chips removed from his ankle.

Zoners: we will finally get to enjoy the coming out party of Kevin Burnett after waiting three long years.

He had an ourstanding training camp and pre season and I fully believe he is going to have a coming out party on Trent Green on Sunday.

The true X factor who is going to spark our defense! :cool: :star:

Chuck 54

Reaction score
Despite preseason, let's remember this was the first game with a new head coach/defensive coordinator, running a different defense.

Add to that the fact that some of the starters were missing.

I think this week there will be fewer breakdowns, and Wade will know everyone's limitations a little better.

I don't think the defense will be great, but I'm guessing we're looking at something more along the lines of 300 yards, 17 points, and another win.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CrazyCowboy;1643661 said:
Zoners: we will finally get to enjoy the coming out party of Kevin Burnett after waiting three long years.

He had an ourstanding training camp and pre season and I fully believe he is going to have a coming out party on Trent Green on Sunday.

The true X factor who is going to spark our defense! :cool: :star:

As poorly as the D played I think they will rebound this week and play better as a unit. I think it starts with sure tackling, guys have got to stop this driving at the ball carrier and I think the staff can help to correct some of these mistakes.

miamicowboy21

Reaction score
Because miami's offense isn't that great. They have to keep alot of guys in for protection, because their offensive line is atrocious. They run alot of 2 man routes. Trent green goes to alot of checkdowns, because the line dosen't give him enough time to throw the ball, plus the dolphin running game is just abysmal. Everytime they hand ronnie brown the ball he's got two men on top of him before he can make a move.

Cameron may TRY and open up the game plan this week, because he knows he can't score 13 points and expect to be us, but that exposes that weak offensive line. The dolphins just don't have the personnel to expose our defensive weaknesses. I was shocked greg williams didn't blitz more last week.

Wade won't sit back, he's going to test that line early and often. I'm looking for spencer to have a big game, because the dolphins dare not leave Demarcus Ware 1 ON 1 with vernon carey. This is the perfect team for our defense to get well against.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1643673 said:
As poorly as the D played I think they will rebound this week and play better as a unit. I think it starts with sure tackling, guys have got to stop this driving at the ball carrier and I think the staff can help to correct some of these mistakes.

We're playing Miami, obviously the defense will be much improved this week.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jimmy40;1643681 said:
We're playing Miami, obviously the defense will be much improved this week.

If you don't tackle it does not matter who you are playing. What I expect from this defense week in and week out is sure tackling and others swarming to the ball carrier to finish him off instead of standing around watching only to have the runner break free.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Doomsday101;1643689 said:
If you don't tackle it does not matter who you are playing. What I expect from this defense week in and week out is sure tackling and others swarming to the ball carrier to finish him off instead of standing around watching only to have the runner break free.
We can play exactly like last week and we'll still be much improved, Miami's offense stinks.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
jimmy40;1643706 said:
We can play exactly like last week and we'll still be much improved, Miami's offense stinks.

I don't take any team lightly and for the sake of the Cowboys I hope they don't take it lightly. Miami is still and NFL team and if Dallas does not have their head in this game it can easily be lost hell it is not as if Dallas has not lost to so called bad teams in recent years.