£80m Ronaldo to Madrid

UKCowboysFan

Reaction score
So, Man Utd have accepted an £80m bid from Real Madrid for Ronaldo.

Will be interesting to see what Platini has to say about this.

Is it obscene that Real Madrid are paying silly money (that they don't have) for a player?

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
isn't he there best player and one of if not the best in the sport? why are they selling him?

Ren

Reaction score
Other then for the money, it's probably cause it was only a matter of time before he'd start to whine again, better to get something for him then to let him walk for free when his contract expires

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
Ren;2806789 said:
Other then for the money, it's probably cause it was only a matter of time before he'd start to whine again, better to get something for him then to let him walk for free when his contract expires

So he's the soccer version of Greg Ellis? :lmao:

Well minus the best player in the league part

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Is this a contract or are they actually paying the other club for him and then have to negotiate a contract with him on top of that? Not sure how soccer contracts work.

masomenos

Less is more
Reaction score
Wow, first Kaka and now Christiano Ronaldo. Maybe there's an oil field under Madrid's stadium.

Ren

Reaction score
TheCount;2806862 said:
Is this a contract or are they actually paying the other club for him and then have to negotiate a contract with him on top of that? Not sure how soccer contracts work.

they have to negotiate a contract on top of that

Kobal

Reaction score
They're crazy. Can't wait to see them finish second place in Primera Liga again. :laugh1:

MC KAos

Reaction score
masomenos85;2806894 said:
Wow, first Kaka and now Christiano Ronaldo. Maybe there's an oil field under Madrid's stadium.

ya, now if they can get Messi they will be set! :lmao:

UKCowboysFan

Reaction score
Real Madrid are now saying that the clubs had agreed in principle to this transfer last summer. Doesn't say if the fee was agreed then or not.

Ren

Reaction score
They're not done spending, they just got David Villa as well for about for 38mill Euro

Alumni2k11

Old Dominion University (Class of 2011)
Reaction score
The rich get richer. As a Arsenal fan, I hate this.

thekavorka

Reaction score
JLAZeroSeven;2809227 said:

tell me about it :(

I think we should sell Adebayor and use some of that money to buy some freaking Center backs, Defensive midfielder, and improve the overall depth.

And maybe get Dzeko while we're at it. Lol. like that'll ever happen.

And uhhh, where did you see that they got Villa? The only current rumor I know is that they're going after Ribery which makes no sense since he basically plays the same position as Ronaldo. They'd have to move Ronaldo to striker which is a role he doesn't prefer.

UKCowboysFan

Reaction score
JLAZeroSeven;2809227 said:

Oh the irony of this post.

Arsenal, one of the big four in England that keep their position on the back of Champions League money.

Take away the mega bucks that Arsenal receive from being in the champions league each season, and then see how they would cope with staying in the top four.

With that amount of cash, Moyes, Redknapp & O'Neill would ALL have their teams above Arsenal.

thekavorka

Reaction score
UKCowboysFan;2811258 said:
Oh the irony of this post.

Arsenal, one of the big four in England that keep their position on the back of Champions League money.

Take away the mega bucks that Arsenal receive from being in the champions league each season, and then see how they would cope with staying in the top four.

With that amount of cash, Moyes, Redknapp & O'Neill would ALL have their teams above Arsenal.

That's because Moyes, RedKnapp, and O'Neill don't have to worry about financing a new stadium. Arsenal is annually turning a profit to pay for the stadium. They don't want to go into heaps of debt like United or Chelsea. Arsene is actually financially responsible which is something you don't see much these days. It sucks for the fans because we want to win now, but we have to realize it's a business.

daschoo

Slanje Va
Reaction score
Rampage;2806872 said:
who's the soccer player who is married to Michelle Marsh?

will haining. he plays for saint mirren. and no i cant work out how that happened either.

st%20mirren%20%20squad%20254.jpg
married to
F1R4E4.jpg

http://j.bdbphotos.com/pictures/F/1/F1R4E4.jpg
:huh: