‘Night Court’ Sequel In Works At NBC

Big_D

Reaction score
He was my least favorite part of the show, so while it's sad he's dead, I won't miss his character.

I thought it was funny that his kids were so eccentric while he was the complete opposite. Roz was my favorite part. lol I just read an article dated in February saying that Grammer is the only confirmed cast mate at that time and possibly Bebe Neuwirth. And we probably won't see anything until 2022.

Big_D

Reaction score
I have read recently that several of the popular TV shows from years past are being brought back. Considering the current social climate , which has very little tolerance for anything that can remotely offensive, I don’t think that the shows will have very much success. “All in the Family” is one show that I have read about returning. The very things that made the show successful would be considered highly offensive to certain groups in our modern society. I would love to see the shows return. TV shows will have a very hard time offending me, but I know everybody doesn’t see things like I do.

I don't see this ever working without Carrol O'Connor. Some shows just can't be done, IMO All in the Family is one of them.

quickccc

Reaction score
Good luck on that one - be very hard to emulate similar smash hit characters;

i see thsi as more a tribute to Night Court. .. has show sequel ever worked ?

remember when NBC tried to remake Cosby show per Bill cosby- Phillsha Rashad again ??
i could see Spin offs from a show, such as Jeffersons to All in family ... or Gomer Pyle from Mayberry
or A different World off Cosby Show .... but a straight remake of Night Court , same title too. ?

Good luck ! :p

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score
Hollywood annoys me when they just recycle the same old crap. I want them to come up with something that hasn't been done before.