THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
‘Sons of Anarchy’ Spinoff Pilot Ordered at FX, ‘Mayans MC’ Will Shoot in March
Oriana Schwindt
December 1, 2016

kurt-sutter-elgin-james.jpg

The “Sons of Anarchy” universe expansion will indeed continue. The pilot for FX’s “Mayans MC,” focusing on the Mayans motorcycle club, will begin shooting in March, directed by “Sons” creator Kurt Sutter from a script from Sutter and Elgin James. Sutter will serve as executive producer, with James as co-executive producer.

“Mayans” will follow EZ Reyes, a “prospect” — potential member — for the club’s charter on the California-Mexico border. EZ will struggle with his desire for vengeance against the local cartel and his need for the women in his life to respect him. “Sons” fans will recognize the Mayans from “Sons of Anarchy,” where they were sometimes allies, sometimes adversaries to the Sons of Anarchy Motorcycle Club’s northern California charter.

“Mayans MC” hasn’t officially been ordered to series, but the odds of it ending up among FX’s busted pilots — a small group in and of itself — are small. “Sons of Anarchy” was FX’s highest-rated ongoing series over its seven-season run, a show that routinely beat out its broadcast competition in the 10 p.m. hour. Sutter’s last show for FX, the non-“SoA”-related “The ******* Executioner,” didn’t fare quite as well, and Sutter and FX agreed to end the series after a season.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/sons-of-anarchy-spinoff-mayans-mc-production-1201931263/

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to this one a lot.

I also read yesterday that the setting will be in a post Jax Teller world. So it's going to pick up after the events of SOA. Which I was hoping they'd go with because I honestly didn't want to see them trying to go back and then trying to bring some of the SOA guys in when they were 'younger' or whatever for events that already happened.

Now if they do any SOA guest appearances (And in that article I read it appears there will be very few, if any, from the original SOA cast) they can just use them as they are now and show how they've dealt with their lives and world after the loss of Teller.

MileyDancer

Reaction score
I could have swore the spin off was going to be about how the Sons started with Clay and Jax's dad.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
Well guys, my initial thought on this is an old saying, I'm sure many of you (if not all) have heard before. You can never go home.........

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Great news, I tried watching Sutter's next one and it wasn't good....at all. I was a huge SOA fan as I love shows where there aren't good guys, just guys with shades of badness. I always wore one of my "Charming" t shirts to watch it.

FX had some great shows going like "Rescue Me" and "The Shield" along with "SOA". "Rescue Me" is still the best dramedy I've seen on cable and I thought it was great that Leary gave most of the killer lines to his fellow actors.

I have these shows to thank for keeping me from becoming a cop, a fireman or a motorcycle gang member. I have "Oz" to thank for not becoming a criminal.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I'm looking forward to this one a lot.

I also read yesterday that the setting will be in a post Jax Teller world. So it's going to pick up after the events of SOA. Which I was hoping they'd go with because I honestly didn't want to see them trying to go back and then trying to bring some of the SOA guys in when they were 'younger' or whatever for events that already happened.

Now if they do any SOA guest appearances (And in that article I read it appears there will be very few, if any, from the original SOA cast) they can just use them as they are now and show how they've dealt with their lives and world after the loss of Teller.
I'd heard they were going to do a prequel to SoA, focusing on Jax's father. I like this idea better.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is this "news" erroneous?
Mayans MC is a spin-off series taking place in the same universe as Sons of Anarchy and dealing with the Reaper's rivals-turned-allies, the Mayans Motorcycle Club. The series starts two-and-a-half years after the events of the original show. FX placed an order for a pilot episode be directed by Sons of Anarchy creator Kurt Sutter. Writer and director Elgin James is a co-writer on the show with Kurt Sutter and the two plan to bring a strong Latino voice to the show that will more accurately represent their culture. The show was picked up by FX on January 5, 2018 and will air sometime in late summer or early autumn 2018.

Mayans MC will focus on the struggles of Ezekiel "EZ" Reyes, a prospect in the Mayan MC charter on the California/Mexico border. EZ is the gifted son of a proud Latino family, whose American dream was snuffed out by cartel violence. Now, his need for vengeance drives him toward a life he never intended and can never escape.

mayans-mc_120cb86fb1011894792feee40ec6478f.jpg

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Mayans MC is a spin-off series taking place in the same universe as Sons of Anarchy and dealing with the Reaper's rivals-turned-allies, the Mayans Motorcycle Club. The series starts two-and-a-half years after the events of the original show. FX placed an order for a pilot episode be directed by Sons of Anarchy creator Kurt Sutter. Writer and director Elgin James is a co-writer on the show with Kurt Sutter and the two plan to bring a strong Latino voice to the show that will more accurately represent their culture. The show was picked up by FX on January 5, 2018 and will air sometime in late summer or early autumn 2018.

Mayans MC will focus on the struggles of Ezekiel "EZ" Reyes, a prospect in the Mayan MC charter on the California/Mexico border. EZ is the gifted son of a proud Latino family, whose American dream was snuffed out by cartel violence. Now, his need for vengeance drives him toward a life he never intended and can never escape.

mayans-mc_120cb86fb1011894792feee40ec6478f.jpg
Awesome! The original was my favorite series of all time..........though I wasn't crazy about the ending.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Awesome! The original was my favorite series of all time..........though I wasn't crazy about the ending.
It was one of my all time favorites also. The FX series that preceeded it The Shield was just as awesome. I wish that Audience would replay those episodes nightly like they do the SOA. Watching a SOA episode 5 times a week is just the best.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It was one of my all time favorites also. The FX series that preceeded it The Shield was just as awesome. I wish that Audience would replay those episodes nightly like they do the SOA. Watching a SOA episode 5 times a week is just the best.
Audience? What's that?

DFWJC

Reaction score
I was pretty into SOA.
But by the end of season 6...when that nasty hoe grandmom dunked the doctor wife's head in the sink and graphically kept stabbing her in the head with a huge grill fork..till her head was ground, lifeless meat..all due to a misunderstanding.....they finally lost me.
:laugh:

Maybe someday I'll regain interest. Not now though

Hardline

Reaction score
People seem to be surprised when I tell them I never seen a single episode of SOA dispite riding a Harley.