$0.25 apps at Google Play

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Google Play has reached 25 billion downloads and Google is celebrating for the next five days by having a select group of apps from major developers for $0.25. Each day the selection will change.

Link to Article

JBond

Reaction score
Sweet. Thanks for the heads up.

edit: Hmm...Not showing up yet on my GS3

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
JBond;4753252 said:
Sweet. Thanks for the heads up.

edit: Hmm...Not showing up yet on my GS3

Not seeing it either. Not sure when it's supposed to become active. Maybe it was a leak and they just haven't announced it yet.

CowboysFan02

Degree or Bust
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up. Looks like they are still setting it up, some apps are $0.25 like Angry Birds in Space(normally $0.99 I think).

JBond

Reaction score
To piggy back on Sam's post, those that have a T Mobile Galaxy 3 can download The Avengers for free right now using the Samsung Media hub.

Bill Wooten

Reaction score
Sam I Am;4753226 said:
Google Play has reached 25 billion downloads and Google is celebrating for the next five days by having a select group of apps from major developers for $0.25. Each day the selection will change.

Link to Article

Question about Google Play. Do they ever do a promotion to users switching over from the iPhone? For example, if you switch from Apple to Android, you get $25 in Google Play credit or you can buy apps you have on the iphone for 25% of regular value? I don't have a ton of paid apps on my iphone, but would definitely give me another reason to consider an Android phone if I knew I wasn't going to have to pay for the same app again.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
Bill Wooten;4753336 said:
Question about Google Play. Do they ever do a promotion to users switching over from the iPhone? For example, if you switch from Apple to Android, you get $25 in Google Play credit or you can buy apps you have on the iphone for 25% of regular value? I don't have a ton of paid apps on my iphone, but would definitely give me another reason to consider an Android phone if I knew I wasn't going to have to pay for the same app again.

Hmm. Not sure I've ever seen that, but I know if you buy an Nexus 7 from Google Play, they give you a $25 Google Play credit.

I don't think I've ever heard of them try to lure iPhone users (or any other for that matter) away using Google Play credit.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bill Wooten;4753336 said:

That is something that I have wondered about.

I have reached the time in my plan where I can upgrade (so the wife tells me as I really don't know about that end of stuff).

She is going to get the new Iphone and I imagine I will do the same.

However I do like the looks of the Samsung Galaxy 3 Note (think that is the name).

However this is no way I would want to start over and buy a boat load of new apps to replace the ones I already have.

So If I ever would switch...they would have to add some extra store credit so I could replace those apps without me having to buy them again.

Other than that...I will just stick with what I have cause I am not complaining about as is anyway.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4753466 said:
That is something that I have wondered about.

I have reached the time in my plan where I can upgrade (so the wife tells me as I really don't know about that end of stuff).

She is going to get the new Iphone and I imagine I will do the same.

However I do like the looks of the Samsung Galaxy 3 Note (think that is the name).

However this is no way I would want to start over and buy a boat load of new apps to replace the ones I already have.

So If I ever would switch...they would have to add some extra store credit so I could replace those apps without me having to buy them again.

Other than that...I will just stick with what I have cause I am not complaining about as is anyway.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2

or

Samsung Galaxy S 3

:)
Galaxy-Note-2--S3-Front_original.jpg

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
REDVOLUTION;4753990 said:
Samsung Galaxy Note 2

or

Samsung Galaxy S 3

The lighting makes the Note look much better but in reality the Notes just a bigger S3. I don't like the Note line of phones I think the are too big, I don't really like my S3 either. The iPhone 5 I dislike too :laugh2:. I think I may go back to an iPhone 4S or hold onto the S3 until something launches I do like.

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sam I Am;4754533 said:
I think they are supposed to change every day for like five days.

I am sure there are probably apps for it but do you guys also have sites like appspy.com where it tells you when an app goes free or drops in price?

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
REDVOLUTION;4753990 said:
Samsung Galaxy Note 2

or

Samsung Galaxy S 3

Whichever is the bigger one. The only reason I would consider trading is for the bigger screen. Although I have not held the phone and if it was too big that it felt awkward in my front pocket I would not like it.

Another thing...does google, samsung or android (not sure which controls the app store) have cards you can buy like Itune Cards? That is about the only way I buy apps or music is after getting an Itune card. Don't use credit cards and I don't use my debit at all. The only card I EVER use is my gas card and that is only once every few months just to keep it active.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4754540 said:
I am sure there are probably apps for it but do you guys also have sites like appspy.com where it tells you when an app goes free or drops in price?

If there is, I don't know about it. I scan the app store about once a month just to see what's new.

I picked up two games yesterday.

Burger - You're basically an expeditor for a fast food restauant. You prepare custom orders as fast as you can and see how many you can make. You get month and tips depending on how fast you are. Pretty cool time waster.

Stickman Basejumper - You basejump off buildings and try to land in a specific spot near a flag. It is also timed so you can't just jump over the top of it and pull the chute. Also a good time waster.

They work well, when I'm on the subway for 20 minutes or on the train ride home if I don't feel like reading. To top it off, both are free. :)

I'm looking at Speed Night. It looks pretty cool and gets good reviews. It's also free. Lots of good time waster games are free. That is awesome. :)

BrAinPaiNt

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sam I Am;4754575 said:
If there is, I don't know about it. I scan the app store about once a month just to see what's new.

I picked up two games yesterday.

Burger - You're basically an expeditor for a fast food restauant. You prepare custom orders as fast as you can and see how many you can make. You get month and tips depending on how fast you are. Pretty cool time waster.

Stickman Basejumper - You basejump off buildings and try to land in a specific spot near a flag. It is also timed so you can't just jump over the top of it and pull the chute. Also a good time waster.

They work well, when I'm on the subway for 20 minutes or on the train ride home if I don't feel like reading. To top it off, both are free. :)

I'm looking at Speed Night. It looks pretty cool and gets good reviews. It's also free. Lots of good time waster games are free. That is awesome. :)

You played Captain Morgan's Conquest?

Yes someone made it for the Captain Morgan rum company.

The game has some decent graphic and it is a little fun although not a great deal to it and the play can get you irritated with the phone tilt aim control.

[youtube]yxyk5pjSfmw[/youtube]

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4754667 said:
You played Captain Morgan's Conquest?

Yes someone made it for the Captain Morgan rum company.

The game has some decent graphic and it is a little fun although not a great deal to it and the play can get you irritated with the phone tilt aim control.

[youtube]yxyk5pjSfmw[/youtube]

Just looked at it on Google Play. It appears to be buggy right now. I will keep my eye on it and get it when it's less buggy.

JBond

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;4754543 said:
Whichever is the bigger one. The only reason I would consider trading is for the bigger screen. Although I have not held the phone and if it was too big that it felt awkward in my front pocket I would not like it.

Another thing...does google, samsung or android (not sure which controls the app store) have cards you can buy like Itune Cards? That is about the only way I buy apps or music is after getting an Itune card. Don't use credit cards and I don't use my debit at all. The only card I EVER use is my gas card and that is only once every few months just to keep it active.

I simply add my app store purchases to my phone bill. Nice an simple. No need to keep track of how much you have left on a card.

I only purchase a few apps, because there are so many good free ones. That is what surprised me when I got an Ipad. Apps are expensive for it. Very little in the way of high quality free apps. It seems like there are more trial apps on Android also, but I have not spent a ton of time with the apple store, so I could be wrong.