07 Baby

tocdi3131

Reaction score
Is there anyone besides me who is planning on getting Madden 07 at 12am on Tuesday

Rack

Federal Agent
Reaction score
I'm getting it, but I'll get it when I get it.

I don't rush out for games done by EA. EA is infamous for putting more into advertising then they do for the actual game. Sure it's great for business, but the consumer gets the short end of the stick. And there's no competition with EA (for football games) so there's nothing the consumer can do about it.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
FYI, there was an uproar about two major bugs. In franchise mode, somehow, HOF players become available once they're unlocked and appear on the Free Agents list. EA has responded with a "workaround" to fix the problem. Of course they were in full spin control and came out saying that this is what they intended to do. This only occurs on the 360 version.

The other major bug is fatigue in the 360 version is broken. Players don't fatigue properly. However, again, EA has released a statement that a patch is in the works to fix this problem and will be release over Xbox Live. So you if you don'thave XBL, you'll be SOL if you are planning to get the 360 version.

So with since there is workaround for HOF'ers showing up in franchise mode and a patch coming for the broken fatigue, I'll be picking up 07. Fry's will have the xbox 360 version for 47.99. I'll probably take the add to super walmart at midnite and pricematch.

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
Madden?....

:laugh2:

laughable is what it is

ESPN NFL 2k5 with roster updates from Action Replay? yes sir, thank you.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
SupermanXx said:
Madden?....

:laugh2:

laughable is what it is

ESPN NFL 2k5 with roster updates from Action Replay? yes sir, thank you.
I was a 2k5 fan too, but the game is 2 years old. Let it go. Also, that game had major problems too that seemed to get ignored. One, the DB AI is atrocious. again, it was my game of preference but since we have no choice.....

I'd rather not play a 2 year old game. 2K sports always put out the buggiest damn games in every sport, every year. Funny thing though, I always prefer their games.

SupermanXx

Benched
Reaction score
BlueStar22 said:
I was a 2k5 fan too, but the game is 2 years old. Let it go. Also, that game had major problems too that seemed to get ignored. One, the DB AI is atrocious. again, it was my game of preference but since we have no choice.....

I'd rather not play a 2 year old game. 2K sports always put out the buggiest damn games in every sport, every year. Funny thing though, I always prefer their games.

Yeah

I wasn't trying to knock you personally man, sorry if it came across that way

It's just I'm still bitter over the whole EA taking over the market crap

BlueStar22

Reaction score
SupermanXx said:
Yeah

I wasn't trying to knock you personally man, sorry if it came across that way

It's just I'm still bitter over the whole EA taking over the market crap
i didn't take offense. As much as I love the 2k series, it wasn't without issues. The shots that madden takes are fair most of the time. Hardcore 2k fans just consider 2k5 as the holy grail and it wasn't without issues.

bobtheflob

Reaction score
I'm getting a new computer with nice specs within the next two weeks, once I have that I'll look into getting the PC version of it.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
ESPN 2K5 is so overrated. The camera angle when passing the ball is something a ****** would come up with, and playing defense is so incredibly easy. I started a franchise once and shutout my first 5 opponents (on the hardest settings)

Reaction score
I think this will be the first year that I don't buy Madden . . .

First, I don't have a game console, and I don't want to get it for the PC.

But mostly because I really have just outgrown the game. I only seem to enjoy it when I'm running in franchise, and I especially enjoy the off season features such as the draft, etc.

Problem is, I'd play it for a few weeks and get 2 years into a franchise . . . but then I'd quit playing for months because it got old, and when I'd want to play again I'd want to re-start my franchise. That gets old . . .

the kid 05

Individuals play the game, but teams beat the odds
Reaction score
BlueStar22 said:
FYI, there was an uproar about two major bugs. In franchise mode, somehow, HOF players become available once they're unlocked and appear on the Free Agents list. EA has responded with a "workaround" to fix the problem. Of course they were in full spin control and came out saying that this is what they intended to do. This only occurs on the 360 version.

The other major bug is fatigue in the 360 version is broken. Players don't fatigue properly. However, again, EA has released a statement that a patch is in the works to fix this problem and will be release over Xbox Live. So you if you don'thave XBL, you'll be SOL if you are planning to get the 360 version.

So with since there is workaround for HOF'ers showing up in franchise mode and a patch coming for the broken fatigue, I'll be picking up 07. Fry's will have the xbox 360 version for 47.99. I'll probably take the add to super walmart at midnite and pricematch.

you can always download the patches to a cd and put the cd in your 360, alot of people do that for their system updates...