$.09—Draft quickies

bodi

Reaction score
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/10_on_the_start_of_2018_nfl_free_agency/s1_8276_25982120

The more I watch the offensive tackles, the less I like the top of the class. However, the developmental tackle group offers a lot of long-term potential and Day Three appeal. Wagner’s Greg Senat, James Madison’s Aaron Stinnie and Brandon Parker from North Carolina A&T could all be above-average starters by 2020, but they’re not ready yet.

One player I’m going to rate lower than just about every other draftnik: South Dakota State TE Dallas Goedert. I think he’ll be an adequate NFL starting tight end, but I see him in the top 50 a lot. I don’t see it. He got away with being bigger and stronger than the competition at the FCS level. His route-running is pedestrian, and his burst isn’t great. I love the ability to make the difficult catches and one-handed highlight reel snags, but he went to that well too often for my liking. He’s my TE5 in a middle-heavy class and I’m not comfortable drafting him before the fourth round. The Gronk comparisons I’ve seen are absurd to me.

DFWJC

Reaction score
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/10_on_the_start_of_2018_nfl_free_agency/s1_8276_25982120

The more I watch the offensive tackles, the less I like the top of the class. However, the developmental tackle group offers a lot of long-term potential and Day Three appeal. Wagner’s Greg Senat, James Madison’s Aaron Stinnie and Brandon Parker from North Carolina A&T could all be above-average starters by 2020, but they’re not ready yet.

One player I’m going to rate lower than just about every other draftnik: South Dakota State TE Dallas Goedert. I think he’ll be an adequate NFL starting tight end, but I see him in the top 50 a lot. I don’t see it. He got away with being bigger and stronger than the competition at the FCS level. His route-running is pedestrian, and his burst isn’t great. I love the ability to make the difficult catches and one-handed highlight reel snags, but he went to that well too often for my liking. He’s my TE5 in a middle-heavy class and I’m not comfortable drafting him before the fourth round. The Gronk comparisons I’ve seen are absurd to me.
not sure how you feel about him, but
Hayden Hurst is being underrated in this forum, imo