1) Traded for 2 and 3

2a) Maurkice Pouncey C Florida

2b) Lamarr Houston DE/NT Texas

3a) Kyle Calloway OT Iowa

3b) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah FS IUP

4) Chris Scott G/T Tennessee

6) Patrick Stoudamire CB Western Illinois

7) David Pender CB Purdue

Trying to add depth to key positions where an injury could derail an entire season as we make a Super Bowl push. At the same time, I am adding players who will be groomed to be future starters or at the very least key backups who have major roles.

Pouncey - Future starter at LG or C. Kosier's contract is up after next year and we saw how Kosier's injury killed our OL last year. The last thing we want to see is Proctor having to start for an extended period of time. Pouncey is only 20. If we choose to resign Kosier, I would not have a problem trading Gurode if Pouncey looks like he will grow into that type of player.

Houston - Spears, Hatcher, and Bowen are all potentially FA's. I would resign Spears but if we don't Houston could start at LDE. If we keep Spears I like Houston to backup Spears and Ratliff. He looks like he would be a good nickel pass rusher from the DT spot. One more guy who can collapse the pocket and get pressure in the QB's face next to Ratliff with what Ware/Spencer bring on the outside could go a long way.

Calloway - Groomed to be replacement for Colombo. According to NFLDS he reminds them of Colombo. A lot of starting experience on Iowa's OL. 1 year at LT and the last 2 at RT. Played RG in bowl game and looked very good pulling.

Ansah - I like S's who can run like CB's. 8 picks in 2008. Experience at both CB and FS. Good kick returner and should be a good ST cover man.

Scott - Experience at both LT and RG. Very good feet for a man of his size. Reminds me of a poor man's Leonard Davis. Has experience playing all 5 OL positions. I'm keeping him at guard.

Stoudamire - Developmental CB. Very good bloodlines. Yes he's related to those Stoudamires. For whatever reason I believe we have 3 guys from Western Illinois on the roster/PS now.

Pender - Looks very Allen Ball like coming out. Not a ballhawk in terms of picks but breaks up a lot of passes.

Future OL............

Free Brewster Pouncey Scott Calloway

Hate on...........

Cowboy Brian

@BrianLINY
Reaction score
I support trading down. We have no urgents needs, adding depth and people with potential is what we need.

DFWJC

Reaction score
You set your board and if the players you wanted are gone before it's your pick--or if many of the players you want are still there--THEN you consider trading down.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have to wonder where in the rounds these 2nd round and 3rd round picks would be.

What I mean by that is...are they high 2nd and 3rd picks? I would imagine they would not be because I don't know if a team would give up two high picks to move back up to the end of the first round...I mean if they are high picks that would mean they would only have to wait a few picks for their 2nd round pick.

Are they middle of the round picks in each round?

Or are they at the end of each round?

We see all of these mock drafts with multiple trades. And to a degree I can understand that, especially the trade down ones as Jerry has had a history of trading down many times. But I would think if we are going to have a team that will trade away it's 2nd and 3rd round pick for a first round pick that is going to be at the tail end of the first round...at least try to give us a little details so we can factor in some reality to the discussion.

Can we even find discuss the draft trade chart that would indicate what the value of say a 28-32 first round pick would be and how an end of the round 2nd and 3rd round pick combined would be compared to that first round pick.

just saying...

The Realist

Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3227923 said:
I have to wonder where in the rounds these 2nd round and 3rd round picks would be.

What I mean by that is...are they high 2nd and 3rd picks? I would imagine they would not be because I don't know if a team would give up two high picks to move back up to the end of the first round...I mean if they are high picks that would mean they would only have to wait a few picks for their 2nd round pick.

Are they middle of the round picks in each round?

Or are they at the end of each round?

We see all of these mock drafts with multiple trades. And to a degree I can understand that, especially the trade down ones as Jerry has had a history of trading down many times. But I would think if we are going to have a team that will trade away it's 2nd and 3rd round pick for a first round pick that is going to be at the tail end of the first round...at least try to give us a little details so we can factor in some reality to the discussion.

Can we even find discuss the draft trade chart that would indicate what the value of say a 28-32 first round pick would be and how an end of the round 2nd and 3rd round pick combined would be compared to that first round pick.

just saying...

Examples: 1) 2007: 36 and 87 to move up to 26 for Anthony Spencer 2) 2006: Green Bay trades #30 to the Jets for #36 and #113 (down 6 spots and pick up a 4). 3) 2006: Giants trade #25 to the Steelers and pick up 36, 96 and 129. 4) 2006: Packers trade #36 to Patriots for #52 and #75.

UnoDallas

Benched
Reaction score
yea I could live with a Draft like that

that addresses our OL

which I like

very nice

The Realist

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3228114 said:
trade plus our first pick is a center???? ill past.

He's a center/guard just like Unger last year but better.

Future Pro Bowler.

And it's pass not past.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3228114 said:
trade plus our first pick is a center???? ill past.

Dude, it isn't sexy but it's pretty important.

We can't all have Spikes and Dez Bryants on the Cowboys

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
The Realist;3227651 said:
1) Traded for 2 and 3

2a) Maurkice Pouncey C Florida

2b) Lamarr Houston DE/NT Texas

3a) Kyle Calloway OT Iowa

3b) Akwasi Owusu-Ansah FS IUP

4) Chris Scott G/T Tennessee

6) Patrick Stoudamire CB Western Illinois

7) David Pender CB Purdue

Trying to add depth to key positions where an injury could derail an entire season as we make a Super Bowl push. At the same time, I am adding players who will be groomed to be future starters or at the very least key backups who have major roles.

Pouncey - Future starter at LG or C. Kosier's contract is up after next year and we saw how Kosier's injury killed our OL last year. The last thing we want to see is Proctor having to start for an extended period of time. Pouncey is only 20. If we choose to resign Kosier, I would not have a problem trading Gurode if Pouncey looks like he will grow into that type of player.

Houston - Spears, Hatcher, and Bowen are all potentially FA's. I would resign Spears but if we don't Houston could start at LDE. If we keep Spears I like Houston to backup Spears and Ratliff. He looks like he would be a good nickel pass rusher from the DT spot. One more guy who can collapse the pocket and get pressure in the QB's face next to Ratliff with what Ware/Spencer bring on the outside could go a long way.

Calloway - Groomed to be replacement for Colombo. According to NFLDS he reminds them of Colombo. A lot of starting experience on Iowa's OL. 1 year at LT and the last 2 at RT. Played RG in bowl game and looked very good pulling.

Ansah - I like S's who can run like CB's. 8 picks in 2008. Experience at both CB and FS. Good kick returner and should be a good ST cover man.

Scott - Experience at both LT and RG. Very good feet for a man of his size. Reminds me of a poor man's Leonard Davis. Has experience playing all 5 OL positions. I'm keeping him at guard.

Stoudamire - Developmental CB. Very good bloodlines. Yes he's related to those Stoudamires. For whatever reason I believe we have 3 guys from Western Illinois on the roster/PS now.

Pender - Looks very Allen Ball like coming out. Not a ballhawk in terms of picks but breaks up a lot of passes.

Future OL............

Free Brewster Pouncey Scott Calloway

Hate on...........

How about Walter McFadden instead of Pender

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;3228475 said:
Dude, it isn't sexy but it's pretty important.

We can't all have Spikes and Dez Bryants on the Cowboys

Show me one mock where I have us getting them both. This mock blowsssssssssssssssss. Trade down for a Guard??? You gotta be ****ting me moose.

The Realist

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3228667 said:
Show me one mock where I have us getting them both. This mock blowsssssssssssssssss. Trade down for a Guard??? You gotta be ****ting me moose.

I know offensive lineman aren't sexy in Madden. It's all about the QB's, WR, and RB's there from what I understand.

But last I checked who ever controls the line of scrimmage wins.

Yes, it's just a guard, but did you see what happened when Kosier went out last year.

2010 is the last year of Kosier's contract.

If I'm not mistaken Larry Allen was a guard we took in the 2nd round.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
The Realist;3228857 said:
I know offensive lineman aren't sexy in Madden. It's all about the QB's, WR, and RB's there from what I understand.

But last I checked who ever controls the line of scrimmage wins.

Yes, it's just a guard, but did you see what happened when Kosier went out last year.

2010 is the last year of Kosier's contract.

If I'm not mistaken Larry Allen was a guard we took in the 2nd round.

Indeed it's a big fall of from Koiser to Proctor. Holland wasn't bad when Holland went out and we had to go back to Proctor then that is when it became a problem. I don't play madden just because I'm young and like video games doesn't mean I play madden. With that said the O Line depth we have is more than solid.Especially at the interior positions.

The Realist

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3228951 said:
Indeed it's a big fall of from Koiser to Proctor. Holland wasn't bad when Holland went out and we had to go back to Proctor then that is when it became a problem. I don't play madden just because I'm young and like video games doesn't mean I play madden. With that said the O Line depth we have is more than solid.Especially at the interior positions.

You are mistaken. Holland was bad when he was in. He's an FA anyway. As a matter of fact people were saying Holland must be really bad if he can't keep Proctor off the field.

Your last 2 sentences couldn't be more wrong.

"O Line depth is solid, especially at the interior positions."

2008: Wheels fell of when a guard went down.

2009: Train kept a rollin when a tackle went down.

We have good depth outside not inside.

Check mate.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
The Realist;3228970 said:
You are mistaken. Holland was bad when he was in. He's an FA anyway. As a matter of fact people were saying Holland must be really bad if he can't keep Proctor off the field.

Your last 2 sentences couldn't be more wrong.

"O Line depth is solid, especially at the interior positions."

2008: Wheels fell of when a guard went down.

2009: Train kept a rollin when a tackle went down.

We have good depth outside not inside.

Check mate.

That's not really true. If we consider Brad Johnson as our back up and the reluctance of our team to get a better guy or replace him it's pretty OBV. Wade like to stick with his players no matter how bad they are.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Any mock that gets us some quality O-Line depth is going to be a pretty good one with me. We need some solid O-Line depth for sure.

The Realist

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;3229150 said:
That's not really true. If we consider Brad Johnson as our back up and the reluctance of our team to get a better guy or replace him it's pretty OBV. Wade like to stick with his players no matter how bad they are.

Now your just arguing to save face.

Our line was a trainwreck when Kosier went down.

There is probably a reason we had an interest in Unger at 51 and not 3 OT's who have all started this year...........

Vollmer, Beatty, Loadholt.........

Sorry for throwing so much at you.

VACowboy

Reaction score
I hate the idea of trading down. I'd rather be trading up in 2-4, but I could live with this, especially Pouncey and Owusu-Ansah.