#1 best NFL nicknames America's Team...

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
IndianaCowboyFan;1646386 said:
#1 best NFL nicknames is America's Team, the Dallas Cowboys according to the NFL network.
Of course! That's why other teams keep trying to steal it; or more correctly, why the media keeps trying to give it to other teams.

They want to steal "The Triplets" too.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
IndianaCowboyFan;1646386 said:
#1 best NFL nicknames is America's Team, the Dallas Cowboys according to the NFL network.

I presume you mean "Cowboys" and not "America's Team".

Big Dakota

Reaction score
LeonDixson;1646393 said:
Of course! That's why other teams keep trying to steal it; or more correctly, why the media keeps trying to give it to other teams.

They want to steal "The Triplets" too.

I think he means Cowboys. 99% of the other team don't have a "Moniker" like "Americas Team"

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
Big Dakota;1646395 said:
I presume you mean "Cowboys" and not "America Team".

Boy, that went right over my head. I bet you're right.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
LeonDixson;1646398 said:
Boy, that went right over my head. I bet you're right.

Most teams have other monikers but is just a shortened version of their name, like Vikes, Yanks,etc.Or a play off their name like Cubbies or a play off their logo like Bolts or C's. But teams have only one true name. So i would guess it's Cowboys. Got a link?

HighTechDave

7 Years of College Down the Drain
Reaction score
So I'm watching the NFL Network....

and they have a show of the "Greatest" NFL Team Nickaname competition. Think about it, competing against "Steel Curtain", "Monsters of the Midway", "Greatest Show on Turf", "Purple People Eaters", "Hogs" ,,,, blablabla.

Um, guess who won?

"America's Team"

and we didn't give it to us, the Media did.

God I love my town, and my Boyz.

Big Dakota

Reaction score
HighTechDave;1646415 said:

and they have a show of the "Greatest" NFL Team Nickaname competition. Think about it, competing against "Steel Curtain", "Monsters of the Midway", "Greatest Show on Turf", "Purple People Eaters", "Hogs" ,,,, blablabla.

Um, guess who won?

"America's Team"

OK so it was that kinda nickname. Heck i'd pick Doomsday myself:bow:

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
Big Dakota;1646417 said:
OK so it was that kinda nickname. Heck i'd pick Doomsday myself:bow:

Yeah, that's what I was expecting when they got to #1 and there was no mention of Doomsday. Well, it was the Cowboys, but it wasn't Doomsday. It was "America's Team". Fitting. :)

#2 was Steel Curtain
#3 was The Hogs

Can't remember the order of any of the others at the moment.

Reaction score
There's only one "America's Team" and it's none other than the Dallas Cowboys, the most popular team in the NFL!:thumbup:

Big Dakota

Reaction score
Aikbach;1646495 said:
What is the Pats new nickname? "Dirty Rotten Scoundrels"?

:laugh2:

Maybe the "Bonds Men" in honor of Barry? Or the "Capone's" in honor of the great tax evasion legend? Oh i know, the New England Enrons:D

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
HighTechDave;1646415 said:

Um, guess who won?

"America's Team"

thats what I dont like about these list shows, they cant find a specific focus. How can you include Steel Curtain on "team" nicknames? Thats a defense nickname, not a team nickname. They should do one thing or theother. If this llist is for team nicknames and/or half-team nicknames then I would say Doomsday is maybe THE best ever. I never cared for America's Team.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Dishonorable mention should go to the New England Cheatriots.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
In recent years the name Americas Team has been getting thrown around alot. They called the Steelers after their "miraculous" wildcard to superbowl championship, Patriots' 3 wins, and even New Orleans run and turnaround.

One of those 3 teams has been found to be a cheater. Who knows, the Saints might be pretenders. There was a reason the media called us that, and if you look we still bring the ratings.

:saints: :patriots: :steelers: