1 game closer to this Garrett era finally being over

mattjames2010

Reaction score
The only reason Bridgewater is a backup QB only because of the gruesome leg injury he suffered. He'd still be the Vikings starting QB if it wasn't for that injury.

Teddy lost out to a rookie with the first team that snagged him after the Vikings, which got him traded again. Bridgewater is a backup because that's where he is at now - doesn't matter if he's one of the better backups in the league, we still faced a backup in a gameplan that did their best to keep the ball out of his hands (which you can see why when he took the sack)

The fact that he compares to Dak a great deal is actually quite frightening.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly except for the Lincoln part. That would be a disaster. That said anyone but Garrett.

Why do you say that? He turned a Texas Tech transfer into a Heisman winner. Then turned a Texas A&M washout into a Heisman winner, and his current Qb leads in the Heisman race despite losing his job with Alabama. Turning Jalen Hurts into a lethal passing machine has got to be the greatest piece of QB coaching i've ever seen. Lincoln Riley has a magic touch with Qbs. If we are planning on paying Prescott 40 million per, he would be a wise investment.

links18

Reaction score
well, all i know is Jerrah and the family bus don't make decisions based on results .

Sentimentality, nostalgia, comfort level are the defining qualities of the late Jones era, not necessarily in that order.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Why do you say that? He turned a Texas Tech transfer into a Heisman winner. Then turned a Texas A&M washout into a Heisman winner, and his current Qb leads in the Heisman race despite losing his job with Alabama. Turning Jalen Hurts into a lethal passing machine has got to be the greatest piece of QB coaching i've ever seen. Lincoln Riley has a magic touch with Qbs. If we are planning on paying Prescott 40 million per, he would be a wise investment.

Are we going to face Big XII defenses?

If I'm Riley I'm staying put. I'm making $6 million a year, have a recruiting pipeline, and a good shot at the CFP every year.

Dracula

Reaction score
People want to believe SJ is running the show, anyone that knows JJ knows that is not true!
Over the last few years, with respect to drafting and free agent acquisitions, something has changed. Hell, they even cut Taco loose. I really doubt that JJ, after all those years of mediocrity, has suddenly become a better GM. Like you suggested, anyone that knows JJ knows that is not true.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

I feel firmly Riley is not ready for prime time. This team is ready to win now and the thought of turning it over to a guy that was an OC at East Carolina 5 years ago is scary. College coaches transitioning well to the NFL is a rarity. The most recent case was Chip Kelly. A genius Offensive guy that was going to revolutionize the sport. How did that turn out? If I was going to the college ranks I would stop at the highest echelon - Saban, Swinney, Meyer, and I love David Shaw. Those are the guys I would want if you went to college ranks. Riley is far too green for me. The risk is too high with this team primed to win now.

My opinion.

That said - anyone over Garrett.

jjktkk

Reaction score
Teddy lost out to a rookie with the first team that snagged him after the Vikings, which got him traded again. Bridgewater is a backup because that's where he is at now - doesn't matter if he's one of the better backups in the league, we still faced a backup in a gameplan that did their best to keep the ball out of his hands (which you can see why when he took the sack)

The fact that he compares to Dak a great deal is actually quite frightening.
The Seahawks lost at home to this same team, so. It might be time to give NO some credit.

gmb1

Reaction score
The thing that really puzzles me is how we continue year after year get out coached and outplayed by other teams who aren't as talented. Doesn't matter who our quarterback is or our wide receivers or defense. Shouldn't that let you know talent is somewhat overrated? But I keep hearing that every year how talented we are and how we're gonna go to the Superbowl, but it ends up ending the same damn way.

There's still time for these Garrett Cowboys this season, but I also know the definition of insanity.

Aven8

Reaction score

Nice post. Baker was actually good at Tech he just didn’t see eye to eye with Kings. Murray was awful at A&M. But what he’s done with Hurts is nothing short of amazing. That dude couldn’t throw to save his life and now looks like the front runner for the Heisman. Three straight would be remarkable.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
The facts are that most teams are pretty much losers when they play better teams.
the saints weren't the better team without brees Bridgewater couldn't even threaten the field with a pass over twenty yards down the field the cowboys are the more talented team and a team garrett has now built to the way he wants it to be still cant win and his team is still not prepared to play a big game on the road

calicowboy54

Reaction score
Sean Payton fantasies...Earl Thomas fantasies...now Lincoln Riley fantasies.

He's got it made at OU. Making millions, recruiting pipeline, owns the conference...no reason to give that up to work for Jerry.
THIS^^

IceStar-D7

Reaction score
I just don't get why Jerry doesn't can this guy. Jerry basically said last night we were out coached. Not the first time he has said it. Obviously Jerry loves Payton yet to stubborn to make it happen. I mean listening to Jerry last night he knows Garrett isn't a good coach. If so? Why hasn't Jones fired him?

CWR

Reaction score
Yup we lost and the season is now over. Cmon team tank!