1 last pre combibe mock

tm1119

Reaction score
1st Round- Owamagbe Odighizuwa DE, UCLA- Difference making SDE. Has the length and strength to be a force vs the run, but also possess the quick first step to be a significant pass rusher. Doesn't have the flexibility to be a dominant edge rusher, but the freakish strength and initial quickness will make him a problem for RT's all over the league and also make the rest of the d line better. Could make a very good DE combo with Lawrence for a long time

2nd Round- Tevin Coleman RB, Indiana- Whether Murray is back or not I would still be interested in Coleman. He reminds be a lot of Murray with similar size and he has the same break away speed Murray had in college. He runs angry and often hits the defender before they have a chance to hit him. Has shown good vision in college and does a good job of putting his foot in the ground and hitting holes to get up field.Potential to be a 3 down feature back.

3rd Round- Steven Nelson CB, Oregon State- Tenacious CB who plays aggressive and has the athleticism and hip flexibility to stay with most WR's (played Jalen Strong very well). He lacks in size, although I wouldn't exactly call him small with the way he is built. Does best in man although he needs to clean up his hand usage a little. Overall I think he is a very good nickle CB who is perfect for neutralizing the smaller, faster slot WR's.

4th Round- Tyrus Thompson OT, Oklahoma- Huge, broad shoulders, long arms, and tree trunks for legs.25 starts at LT for Oklahoma. Not the fastest or the quickest feet, but I think he has what it takes to make a move to RT at the next level. Could be a G project if not given his size. Definitely needs technique work, tends to turn his shoulders too much allowing DE's around the edge easier. When it's all said and done I believe his blend of size and functional athleticism will eventually turn him into a good starting RT who excels in run blocking after some good coaching. Supposedly a mature leader who is a father of 2.

5th Round- Hayes Pullard LB, USC- Fits the scheme very well. wit6' 235 with good athleticism. Excels in space and does well when asked to drop back in coverage. Obviously with his size limitations he doesn't do well when he needs to take on offensive lineman, but does tackle well in the run game when kept clean. 4 year starter and 2 year team captain. I see him as a backup at MLB and WLB who has potential to be a starter down the line.

tm1119

Reaction score
Looks good, Although I think Coleman goes early in the 2nd

Entirely possible, tough call right now though. Abdullah, Duke Johnson, Tevin Coleman, Yeldon, and Ajayi are all in the 2nd tier of RB's who could go between rounds 2 and 3. I wouldn't mind any of them, although Abdullah's size is slightly concerning.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Entirely possible, tough call right now though. Abdullah, Duke Johnson, Tevin Coleman, Yeldon, and Ajayi are all in the 2nd tier of RB's who could go between rounds 2 and 3. I wouldn't mind any of them, although Abdullah's size is slightly concerning.

I really like Abdullah. He reminds me a bit of Ray Rice and MJD.

Coleman i can see going first in that second teir group. In fact I can see him being a potential trade down target if our first round targets are gone

waving monkey

Reaction score
thanks for the post
for me passing on Grady Garrett around the third is disappointing.
Only one DL isn't addressing the needs adequately

I'll admit the draft room can only draft what falls to them

waving monkey

Reaction score
thanks for the post

waving monkey

Reaction score
thanks for the post

DuDa

Reaction score
1st Round- Owamagbe Odighizuwa DE, UCLA- Difference making SDE. Has the length and strength to be a force vs the run, but also possess the quick first step to be a significant pass rusher. Doesn't have the flexibility to be a dominant edge rusher, but the freakish strength and initial quickness will make him a problem for RT's all over the league and also make the rest of the d line better. Could make a very good DE combo with Lawrence for a long time

2nd Round- Tevin Coleman RB, Indiana- Whether Murray is back or not I would still be interested in Coleman. He reminds be a lot of Murray with similar size and he has the same break away speed Murray had in college. He runs angry and often hits the defender before they have a chance to hit him. Has shown good vision in college and does a good job of putting his foot in the ground and hitting holes to get up field.Potential to be a 3 down feature back.

3rd Round- Steven Nelson CB, Oregon State- Tenacious CB who plays aggressive and has the athleticism and hip flexibility to stay with most WR's (played Jalen Strong very well). He lacks in size, although I wouldn't exactly call him small with the way he is built. Does best in man although he needs to clean up his hand usage a little. Overall I think he is a very good nickle CB who is perfect for neutralizing the smaller, faster slot WR's.

4th Round- Tyrus Thompson OT, Oklahoma- Huge, broad shoulders, long arms, and tree trunks for legs.25 starts at LT for Oklahoma. Not the fastest or the quickest feet, but I think he has what it takes to make a move to RT at the next level. Could be a G project if not given his size. Definitely needs technique work, tends to turn his shoulders too much allowing DE's around the edge easier. When it's all said and done I believe his blend of size and functional athleticism will eventually turn him into a good starting RT who excels in run blocking after some good coaching. Supposedly a mature leader who is a father of 2.

5th Round- Hayes Pullard LB, USC- Fits the scheme very well. wit6' 235 with good athleticism. Excels in space and does well when asked to drop back in coverage. Obviously with his size limitations he doesn't do well when he needs to take on offensive lineman, but does tackle well in the run game when kept clean. 4 year starter and 2 year team captain. I see him as a backup at MLB and WLB who has potential to be a starter down the line.

I would be absolutely ecstatic if the draft were to go down like this. Love 4 out of the 5 players but I have to admit I haven't watched Thompson at all yet. I would make a mock draft but it would probably look exactly like this one...kudos.

tm1119

Reaction score
thanks for the post

I think free agency will take care of that. They may not be stars, but I think we end up signing 1 of each DT and DE. If that happens I really don't see DT as a huge need honestly. Crawford, McClain, Brent, Bishop, Coleman, Whaley, Okoye + a free agent like Pea or Peters and things really aren't looking so bad at that position going into camp in my opinion.

VACowboy

Reaction score
I don't know anything about USC or Trojan players, and I prefer Duke Johnson to any RB not named Gurley, but I'll take this draft right now.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Thanks for posting
Some good players in this one

• That seems early for OO. In a trade down maybe? Then again, maybe he blows people away at the combine. I do think Kiper underrates him somewhat. He has his as the 8th best DE.
  • Telvin Coleman in the 2nd...if and only if we drop Murray. But I think that's good value there. I could even wait later on RBs, but he's a good one.
  • Nelson can play
  • I like Tyrus Thomson later in the draft...jmo Late 5th at the very earliest. He is intriguing though as RT. Massive, long arms, etc. His feet just seem slow for a LT

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I like the top 3; although, I can see Nelson going before the Cowboys pick in the 3rd. He looks very NFL ready.