1 more day!

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
Nah. I'm not nervous about this game. I think we have a legitimate shot to win. I was really nervous about the Bills game though. That game scared me for some reason.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
dangerdoom4124;1703940 said:
Nah. I'm not nervous about this game. I think we have a legitimate shot to win. I was really nervous about the Bills game though. That game scared me for some reason.

me too..

we are going to win this one.

this is the kind of matchup that favors the home team .

if we were playing in foxboro i would have to give the nod to the patriots.

but we're not.

sucks to be new england sunday.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
Theres nothing to worry about we either win vs "the best team in the league" and prove our dominance, or we lose as expected and live to fight another day. I also think we will win it. The 2007 Patriots are an unproven commodity, Same can be said about the cowboys, but atleast we beat a team with a winning record and we rallied from trailing to win a game.

djmajestik

Reaction score
The 2007 Pats are an "unproven" commodity with the upgrades they have done this season????? I am all about the Boys, but I am also a realist and see this game as a really TOUGH win. Meaning, we have to WIN the turnover battle for a CHANCE to win. We have to CHANGE our game plan often to win. We have to play a near perfect game to win. I picked the boys to win 27-23 but to be honest, if I had to put "real" money down on that pick, I wouldn't feel comfortable.

Let's be a bit realistic, this is a TOUGH game and a TOUGH challenge. If we win this, you will not see me post ANYMORE pessimism throughout the year, but let's not get carried away.

The Pats should scare the crap out of all of us!

DJ MJ

PS - GO BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
jord1242;1704001 said:
The 2007 Pats are an "unproven" commodity with the upgrades they have done this season????? I am all about the Boys, but I am also a realist and see this game as a really TOUGH win. Meaning, we have to WIN the turnover battle for a CHANCE to win. We have to CHANGE our game plan often to win. We have to play a near perfect game to win. I picked the boys to win 27-23 but to be honest, if I had to put "real" money down on that pick, I wouldn't feel comfortable.

Let's be a bit realistic, this is a TOUGH game and a TOUGH challenge. If we win this, you will not see me post ANYMORE pessimism throughout the year, but let's not get carried away.

The Pats should scare the crap out of all of us!

DJ MJ

PS - GO BOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:laugh2: If you feel uncomfortable putting money down you should see the Gun held to your head thread.

I said were as unproven as they are, since we both have faced losing teams. It will be a really tough game but I see us coming through in the end. Woah, Woah! Lets not start guaranteeing optimism, we have 3 division games back to back to back. Theres no way the glass is half full on that one.

djmajestik

Reaction score
Sorry, I've just seen too many Boys win threads and "Gun to your head" threads I guess! But to be honest, I am asking YOU do you feel putting real money on this game? I appreciate your optimism and ask all the GD Buff fans about my realisms about most Boys games, but this one worries me., Talking about THIS GAME ONLY how good do you feel about this one? Honest question and I am in no way criticising your way of thinking, so don't go down that road!

DJ MJ

Hypnotoad;1704007 said:
:laugh2: If you feel uncomfortable putting money down you should see the Gun held to your head thread.

I said were as unproven as they are, since we both have faced losing teams. It will be a really tough game but I see us coming through in the end. Woah, Woah! Lets not start guaranteeing optimism, we have 3 division games back to back to back. Theres no way the glass is half full on that one.

Hypnotoad

Reaction score
jord1242;1704014 said:
Sorry, I've just seen too many Boys win threads and "Gun to your head" threads I guess! But to be honest, I am asking YOU do you feel putting real money on this game? I appreciate your optimism and ask all the GD Buff fans about my realisms about most Boys games, but this one worries me., Talking about THIS GAME ONLY how good do you feel about this one? Honest question and I am in no way criticising your way of thinking, so don't go down that road!

DJ MJ

I'm not a betting man. I was really worried for the Buffalo game and even had them picked for my pick'em league till late Saturday night, I decided to change in the last moments. On the patriots side though I don't fear them.

I honestly believe they have been winning games with more luck than talent. The media likes to say they are much faster on both sides of the ball than other teams or how smart they are defensively and offensively. I don't see those traits. In the last three games, go check out the injuries to the opposition which helped aid them to that W.

If they are such a historically amazing team why were they beaten the the steelers 2 years ago in the championship and the colts last year, why were they beaten by Miami late last year 21-0, why were they swept by the Colts last year. The answer: No team is unbeatable, thats why the games are played, because if you let popular opinion decide 49 out of 50 states would give the pats the win.

We need to minimize mistakes on all facets of the game. We have to eliminate turnovers. And we could have a chance to win a close game. If we take risks offensively, and dominate defensively it will be a sad day for the 16-0 patriots bandwagon.

We could possibly see the patriots try to exploit Reeves and an injured secondary as exploiting injuries and weaknesses seems to be a tactic. They could also try to run it through the middle and see if Ratliff can handle it. If they realize they can't exploit us, they will have to beat us one on one, and I don't think they can do that...

Maybe im just a crazy homer....