1 Regret In Draft Simulators

McMicah

Reaction score
Every time I don’t draft OT in the 1st, I regret it. There’s always someone I like between Guyton, Mims, and sometimes weirdly Fuaga.

Sometimes if I can get a nice trade back and grab Barton or JPJ it feels better, but then at the end I have this glaring hole.

We will see how the real draft plays out, but I’d rather ask Bass to play C and land our future LT this year in a great tackle class, than make that a gaping hole going forward

Gambit

Reaction score
Every time I don’t draft OT in the 1st, I regret it. There’s always someone I like between Guyton, Mims, and sometimes weirdly Fuaga.

Sometimes if I can get a nice trade back and grab Barton or JPJ it feels better, but then at the end I have this glaring hole.

We will see how the real draft plays out, but I’d rather ask Bass to play C and land our future LT this year in a great tackle class, than make that a gaping hole going forward
Why Bass whose never played C when Hoffman has and has shown he can play some in this league?

The simulators are a great way to learn new names and look at new people, but this early they are just a crap shoot. After Combine and Rankings are more in line then you'll see a whole lot less of Latham at 24 or the other day Jer'Zhan Newton was still there in 3rd round lol

McMicah

Reaction score
Why Bass whose never played C when Hoffman has and has shown he can play some in this league?

The simulators are a great way to learn new names and look at new people, but this early they are just a crap shoot. After Combine and Rankings are more in line then you'll see a whole lot less of Latham at 24 or the other day Jer'Zhan Newton was still there in 3rd round lol
I’m begging you to go back and watch Hoffman tape. It’s so very bad. Sometimes centers can look passable because they are always assisting others, but Hoffman gets 0 push in the run game without a double team assignment and when he’s confronted directly by a DT on a passing down he flails backwards. I think I posted a deep dive on him after one of the games he came in and played and showed how he was almost single handedly responsible for 2 failed drives.

Bass might not be the solution, but he’s a better OL with a much higher ceiling. unless Hoffman makes major improvements, he will never be a realistic option

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Bass needs to be the starting LG next season. He is too good and cost effective to keep on the bench. He played very well, and with an offseason in an NFL program he will be ready. That’s means put Tyler at LT and draft a Powerful stud Center. I am done with Tyron and Biadsz. Both are good pass blocking but average run blockers.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Probably just need to dig in on the 2nd tier guys a bit more. The kids from Houston, Yale, BYU and Tex look like good day 2 options.

We just can’t go into round 1 saying we have to draft an OLmen…that’s how you ruin a draft.