#1 show watched this year in all of tv

Afigueroa22

Reaction score
This isn't really a response directly to your post per se, but more toward what I sense many feel - that because we are America's Team, we always will be, and I think *that* is not assured in the least.

Even though I became a fan during the 90's (I'm 21), it wasn't for the wins. It was because every thanksgiving our family separated by distance got together and enjoyed turkey and The Dallas Cowboys. As long as I, and many of us here, share this tradition with our children and they theirs the Cowboys will always be America's team.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Hopefully someone can explain to me how the Broncos/Chiefs was a higher rated game because of this household thing lol.

Don't let Jerry find this out.......He might see that winning also brings ratings

silver

Reaction score
All this means is that people have nothing better to do at thanksgiving. I know the GB-DET game was on at my household that day but I certainly didn't sit down to watch a single snap. That's #4 on the list.

joseephuss

Reaction score
All this means is that people have nothing better to do at thanksgiving. I know the GB-DET game was on at my household that day but I certainly didn't sit down to watch a single snap. That's #4 on the list.

So you are saying most people hate their families. Wow, you are a cynical SOB. :D

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can explain to me how the Broncos/Chiefs was a higher rated game because of this household thing lol.

Don't let Jerry find this out.......He might see that winning also brings ratings

Could it be that with Thanksgiving game, it was available for everyone while the Broncos Chiefs game, some areas didn't watch it or was available to them due to NFL rules. Looking at the map, areas of San Diego, Cincinatti, and San Francisco didn't have the game on local tv.

dcstands4

Reaction score
T
Thanksgiving game Cowboys vs Raiders 31.7million views

And Dallas had 5 of the top 10 most viewed Games in the nfl

Raiders game
Broncos game
2nd giants game
Packers game
2nd Eagles game

In that order. Im suprised the first Cowboys Giants game wasnt the top one.
this happens every year

theSHOW

Reaction score
The real reason why the Cowboys are "America's Team". We are year in and year out, the highest rated national games. The reason.....everyone either loves them or hates them, there isn't much in between. Not many other teams in Football have that type of draw. Only the Yankees and probably the Lakers have that type of magnetism in sports in the US.

Look just a bit closer. The Cowboys got blown out in New Orleans and on MNF got out of the gate with an anchor tied to our feet. Both horrable losses. The Cowboys fans turned the game off and the ratings didnt contend. Just shows how many Lovers we have here in America. Got to love Americas Team.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
At least we actually won that highest rated game. We haven't fared well in the so called spotlight games lately.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
This is true, until it isn't. Remember when everyone had a Blackberry? I remember when WordPerfect was the defacto word processor. Every office used Lotus 1-2-3.

Until they didn't. Popularity wanes if you don't offer a reason to be involved. The Cowboys can become the next Palm Pilot and I think that tipping point is closer than we think.

This isn't really a response directly to your post per se, but more toward what I sense many feel - that because we are America's Team, we always will be, and I think *that* is not assured in the least.

Disagree.
For the Dallas cowboys = ALL is timeless
Americas team, popularity etc operate outside of the timeline.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
No doubt we are America's Team.
But as far as the Thanksgiving Day game: NFL football on a day when 90% of the population is home and half of America loves the Cowboys and the other half has Cowboys envy, what kind of ratings did we expect?

It is like shooting fish in a barrel.

Fmart322

Reaction score
The thanksgiving game should be scratched, it's a holiday. The American viewers are pretty much held hostage that day.
That being said though, the Cowboys are a mighty big draw for a mediocre team. Can you imagine what ratings will be like when this team gets very good again? (It could happen)
Cowboys fans, regardless of what people like to say about them being fareweather, show up and support them.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Look just a bit closer. The Cowboys got blown out in New Orleans and on MNF got out of the gate with an anchor tied to our feet. Both horrable losses. The Cowboys fans turned the game off and the ratings didnt contend. Just shows how many Lovers we have here in America. Got to love Americas Team.

but I've been told the NFL cheats against the Cowboys because the NFL knows viewers want to see Dallas lose.