1-Tech

Sydla

Reaction score
I thought Terrell McClain and Cedric Thornton did a solid job this year. Then again, Charlotte Jones might have been an improvement over Nick Hayden.

I think with a re-signed McClain, Thornton, Maliek Collins, Tyrone Crawford, and David Irving (on passing downs) we are pretty set at DT. Tapper, if healthy, can play inside as well. What we need are the speed guys with bend on the edge.

Yeah, I think the only additions at DT if everyone comes back would be a late rate flier on a guy or maybe a low priced free agent depth guy.

While I'd love a Poe or even a Bennie Logan, that's not realistic.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
Yeah, I think the only additions at DT if everyone comes back would be a late rate flier on a guy or maybe a low priced free agent depth guy.

While I'd love a Poe or even a Bennie Logan, that's not realistic.

Sadly you are probably correct and I will continue to languish in 1-Tech pining hell...

Sydla

Reaction score
Logan is a player. He's going to be too pricey for a 1 tech in our system though.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Still pining for a real 1-Tech going on 8+ years now... Who might be available in the first two rounds?
It doesn't matter what you want.

It is what Marinelli wants. And he thinks he can win with the likes of Nick Hayden He has endorsed going into football seasons with that at the position.

It took three years for him to eventually give up on that no talent.

He does not value the position and as long as he is around, I am not going to waste time hoping for otherwise.

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
It doesn't matter what you want.

It is what Marinelli wants. And he thinks he can win with the likes of Nick Hayden He has endorsed going into football seasons with that at the position.

It took three years for him to eventually give up on that no talent.

He does not value the position and as long as he is around, I am not going to waste time hoping for otherwise.

True dat. Praying for a miracle...

manster4ever

Reaction score
Johnson out of Iowa in the 3rd. Same size as Collins at 6'3" 310 pounds. Has a quick 1st step. Not as quick as Collins but he has more core strength then collins had coming out of college. Also has more then just a bull rush in terms of pass rush moves. Good balanced DT who would fit great at the 1tech. Tons of day 3 DT's that can fill the role nicely as well.

I love Johnson but I don't think he'll be there late in 3rd. Might have to move up to get him. He's SOLID.

RandyOh

Reaction score
I love Johnson but I don't think he'll be there late in 3rd. Might have to move up to get him. He's SOLID.
Im not certain he will be their but he will have late 2nd to mid 3rd general grade but we all know how drafts can go. He can easily slide because one pick completely shifts everyones boards. If he's their I would take over a DE or CB