1 Year Ago Today

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
osama-bin-laden-dead.jpg

Cause of death was listed as lead poisoning.

cowboyeric8

Chicks dig crutches
Reaction score
Wow I didn't realize it had been a year. School is making the rest of world fly while I'm standing still, haha.

w8lifter

Reaction score
Not nearly long enough.............. Good riddance.

I hope the hot pitchfork feels good.

He deserves the absolute worse for eternity.

Yakuza Rich

Reaction score
Yup....

I remember that day quite well. I just went to bed before the President made the press conference announcing his death.

The next morning I was listening to Stern and they were mentioning Bin Laden's name as I was taking the drive into work. I couldn't make out what he was saying, so I turned the radio to the news and they announced the story. I called my parents and we rejoiced.

What was so great about it was how it was done. It was a gutsy tactical plan that was done with precision and it was swift. That and the coward tried to get out of dodge and hid behind a woman just further justified what so many of us have been saying about him for so long. He didn't want to die, he was just using that to manipulate others.

But, the way SEAL Team Six got in, did the job and got out just made me feel proud because THAT is the way this country used to operate instead of bumbling around and relying on supposed 'ally' operatives that would mysteriously drop the ball.

So not only did the country get Bin Laden, they did it with swift precision and dumped him into the water like the piece of human waste that he was. We didn't 'forget' about Bin Laden afterall and the entire news genuinely lifted my spirits by tenfold for about a good month afterwards.

YR

Signals

Suspicious looking stranger
Reaction score
The people rejoice when the wicked perish.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
cowboyeric8;4543842 said:
Wow I didn't realize it had been a year. School is making the rest of world fly while I'm standing still, haha.

Wait till you get older. It's like your racing through life in a NASCAR.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
67 years ago today, Adolf Hitler died.

May Day is a good day.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Hostile;4544133 said:
67 years ago today, Adolf Hitler died.

May Day is a good day.

Ah, the balance of good and evil.

My 4 year old son's birthday is today :)

JBond

Reaction score
Yakuza Rich;4543971 said:
Yup....

I remember that day quite well. I just went to bed before the President made the press conference announcing his death.

The next morning I was listening to Stern and they were mentioning Bin Laden's name as I was taking the drive into work. I couldn't make out what he was saying, so I turned the radio to the news and they announced the story. I called my parents and we rejoiced.

What was so great about it was how it was done. It was a gutsy tactical plan that was done with precision and it was swift. That and the coward tried to get out of dodge and hid behind a woman just further justified what so many of us have been saying about him for so long. He didn't want to die, he was just using that to manipulate others.

But, the way SEAL Team Six got in, did the job and got out just made me feel proud because THAT is the way this country used to operate instead of bumbling around and relying on supposed 'ally' operatives that would mysteriously drop the ball.

So not only did the country get Bin Laden, they did it with swift precision and dumped him into the water like the piece of human waste that he was. We didn't 'forget' about Bin Laden afterall and the entire news genuinely lifted my spirits by tenfold for about a good month afterwards.

YR

The story of how they found him is as fascinating as how they actually killed him. It is probably a bit controversial for this site, but everyone should read the full story. Lets just say the enhanced interrogation techniques used were very effective.