10/24/2008 - Tim Brown on ESPN Radio

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Didn't get all of it.

Wade Phillips?
Wade Phillips needs a veteran in the lockeroom to get after the teammates because Wade Phillips is not a rah rah guy

How can T.O. beat Press and Double teams?
Cross motion, messes up defenses, not sure to double

when it comes to routes, when you don't square your route but round it, it gives DBs time

Has T.O.'s game slipped?
Last year, I thought so because he dropped balls, but this year, I don't think it has slipped.

QT

Reaction score
It's going to be on the podcast. I always wondered what it would have been like if Tim Brown slipped to the Cowboys and we drafted him instead of Irvin. Him or Sterling. Sterling was pretty good before his career ending injury...

STSINAZ

Reaction score
i cant believe we cant get the ball to one of the top 5 wr's in the league, injuries or no injuries....its stupid and garrett is looking bad right now...all they have to do is to run some picks if he cant get off the line or just run slants..put him in motion...its so stupid! i think that is the worst thing that has actually happened....not the team quiting on wade...its not getting the ball to TO...IMO the team has not quit...we have half the team! thats what has happened

yentl911

Reaction score
Why is it that everyone that watches this team realizes that we need to get TO in motion and in different formations to give him an opportunity to get open but our own coaches appear to be running at night with the lights off????

We seem to have issues that could be taken care of through coaching but for whatever reason they are not making the necessary changes.

It is so frustrating to see this team and coaching staff go along like "business as usual"

ddh33

Reaction score
This whole thing with TO is very strange, to say the least. This is supposed to be a staff and organization that emphasizes getting the best players the ball, but there has been no creativity in that regard.

Would putting TO is motion more negatively affect him or the team? Would moving him around completely throw the offense off? I just don't get it. I'm not one of those guys who just wants to blame everyone, but I would like to know why I'm not seeing more of it.

I have wondered though if Tony Sparano was a bigger loss than a lot of people thought? Is it possible that he was holding Red's hand last year? I was under the impression that Garrett was calling the passes and Sparano was helping in the running game...If this is all Garrett - and he was just doing more things last year than this year - I'd like to know what made him change his method? I find it hard to believe that this team is better with TO as a decoy or just another guy.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I agree with Brown.

There does not seem to be a guy who is willing to get in anyone's faces, especially on defense. This is why I was campainging for Ray-Ray in the offseason. The guy might not be the dominant Ray Lewis anymore, but he still is a major ***-kicker!!

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
yentl911;2371149 said:
It is so frustrating to see this team and coaching staff go along like "business as usual"
Perhaps the changes Wade made this week will shake things up. If we lose this week, it will no longer be business as usual around Valley Ranch. It will be full blown panic mode.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
It does bother me that they cannot get TO the ball. But what is more bothersome, at least to me, is the fact they can't get the ball to others when the other team is expending 2 and 3 resources to stop TO.

I know that's why RWR was brought in but it still looks like the team could capitalize with Witten and at least with another WR. Guess not huh.

hendog

Reaction score
yentl911;2371149 said:
Why is it that everyone that watches this team realizes that we need to get TO in motion and in different formations to give him an opportunity to get open but our own coaches appear to be running at night with the lights off????

We seem to have issues that could be taken care of through coaching but for whatever reason they are not making the necessary changes.

The whole TO getting takien out of the games thing is mind boggling. We couldn't take TO's granny out of a game.