THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
10 brands that could disappear in 2016
upload_2015-12-29_22-54-4.png
24/7 Wall St.
Douglas A. McIntyre

Each year, 24/7 Wall St. identifies 10 American brands that we predict will disappear, either through bankruptcies or because of mergers. Bankruptcies of large public companies in 2015 have already exceeded 2014 totals. Similarly, the total value of mergers and acquisitions is projected to hit a record high in 2015. While some of the companies on this list may disappear because they continue to be at the bottom of their industry, some may disappear because they are doing well.

Over the years, some of our predictions have been better than others. Some of our predictions -- like Alaska Air -- have been dead wrong. Other brands we said would disappear -- like Aeropostale -- have survived but are still failing companies. Blockbuster, DirecTV, American Apparel, and Sony Ericsson are among the brands that have gone bankrupt or have been acquired since appearing on our list. These brands have not yet disappeared completely, but may still in the near future. For this reason, this year we included some brands from previous years’ lists.

1. Smart
2. OfficeMax
3. American Apparel
4. Pacsun
5. A&P
6. Volkswagen’s TDI Brand
7. US Airways
8. Ashley Madison
9. RadioShack
10. Sears

Read more: http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...could-disappear-in-2016/ar-BBmzFtT?li=BBnbfcL

Zordon

Reaction score
I feel like Radioshack has been on this list for the last decade.

Dallas_Cowboys50

Reaction score
Sears and Radioshack are like cockroaches lol......sooner or later though it really will happen for both.....

JohnnyTheFox

Achilleslastand
Reaction score
Darned the luck, and all I needed was one more punch on my Radio Shack battery club card.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
It's not the VW brand that would be going away, it's the brand they own "TDI".

I don't see Commanders on that list. :muttley:

Why would the NFC East Champs be on this list? Commanders are not failing.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Commanders is there brand and people are trying to force them to change names.

Not everyone is trying to force the PC agenda on them, just a minority of folks. The Commander brand isn't going anywhere.

CyberB0b

Village Idiot
Reaction score
U.S. airways has already merged with American. They said they were going to one name when they first merged. Not much of a prediction.

cajuncocoa

✮ ✮ ✮ ✮ ✮
Reaction score
What is stupid, is the statistic of women on that site compared to men.

That too! I meant it's stupid that they've gained 4 million users since the data breach. People must have a death wish.

rynochop

Reaction score
I feel like Radioshack has been on this list for the last decade.

I thought RadioShack had already. I used to love going in there way back in the day, had all kind of cool stuff. Seems like the last time I was in one it was a cell phone kiosk and a remote control car store