10 Most-Anticipated Movies of 2008 (Includes Trailers)

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Cloverfield is getting a lot of internet hype. Classic viral marketing campaign. I bet it does very well on release.

01-18-08

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
HTownCowboysFan;1870104 said:
I can't put into words how good THE DARK KNIGHT is going to be. Wait 'til you see Ledger -- there's already "Best Supporting Actor" buzz hovering around him for his turn as The Joker.

"Why so SERIOUS?!" ;)

LOL... yeah, anybody involved with a BATMAN movie is automatically gonna head to the top of the Oscars list...

It's hard to take you serious when you talk like that...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Yeagermeister;1869298 said:
It will be a pretty sad year for movies if those are the best. :(

Yeah, I can only see two movies on that list that I'll really "anticipate"...

"Wanted", and "Rambo"...

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
FloridaRob;1875296 said:
My wife and I go to probably 7-8 movies a month. And for the past few years there rarely is a great movie. Seems as tho the best movies these days are kids movies. I get bored in I am Legend, but love the watching Happy Feet, The WaterHorse, or Spiderman with the grandkids. The best movie I have seen recently is Gone Baby Gone. Good acting from all involved and a great story line.

If I never see another Tom Cruise movie, I will be eternally gratefull. Movies are just not as good as they were 25 yrs ago. There is a lot more bang and special effects, but to me the acting is not near as good.

The best actors today are Morgan Freeman, NIcolson(sometimes) Jodi Foster, Sean Penn, Will Smith and Tom Hanks but they are not near as good as the old NIcholson, Pacino, Henry Fonda, Gregory Peck, or Jimmy Stewart. Those actors were just revered. Now today we have to put up with the Adam Sandlers, Ben Aflect, and Tom Cruises of the world. That is like comparing the 90s Cowboys to the Bucs of the 70s. Big difference.

I do wish good movies were more prevalent than bad movies but with the emphasis that more is better, the quality for the most part sucks....

Older films allowed for an audience's intelligence. Newer films treat audiences like sheep who bleat happily at any familiar, hackneyed, formulaic tripe.

The new Batman looks good but can the studios do anything other than rehashing comic books and old television programs?

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
silverbear;1877428 said:

"Wanted", and "Rambo"...

I just can't get in to a 60 year old Sly running around in a headband but the last Rocky did surprise me so who knows.

jackrussell

Last of the Duke Street Kings
Reaction score
FloridaRob;1875296 said:
The best actors today are Morgan Freeman, NIcolson(sometimes) Jodi Foster, Sean Penn, Will Smith and Tom Hanks but they are not near as good as the old NIcholson, Pacino, Henry Fonda, Gregory Peck, or Jimmy Stewart. Those actors were just revered. Now today we have to put up with the Adam Sandlers, Ben Aflect, and Tom Cruises of the world. That is like comparing the 90s Cowboys to the Bucs of the 70s. Big difference.

I do wish good movies were more prevalent than bad movies but with the emphasis that more is better, the quality for the most part sucks....

I pretty much agree with what you're saying here...but I would say Tom Hanks, if not now, someday will be as revered as the older ones you mentioned, along with Harrison Ford and who I'm starting to regard as today's best actor...Russell Crowe. (Cinderella Man, A Beautiful Mind, and Gladiator...3 different type roles excellently portrayed.)

I also pay more attention to anything Ron Howard directs.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
burmafrd;1869773 said:
what about the Indiana Jones movie?
Orthe Star Trek Movie?
Star Trek is in 09'. I have no idea what the Indiana Jones movie wasn't up there.

StevenOtero

Reaction score
silverbear;1877428 said:

"Wanted", and "Rambo"...
pretty lame!